No announcement yet.
X

Garrick's Build thread!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a gsxr curved spoke 5.5 rim with a 170 tire will fit in the post swinger with no major mods. Saw a bike that had done that for a 94 Kat 600 this weekend with that swap on it.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
      Thanx Breeze, you are right forgot about that
      yes Thaz, but what year did the kat stop using an oil cooler? im very interested as well.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Garrick stated that the bike he bought didn't come with one, that's what Thom was quoting. They all have one....even my 06.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Everything is in! and almost everything is hooked up, i'm having some trouble with the cables coming off the carbs though...

Comment

very informative i learned something new today

Comment

Originally posted by garrick View Post
              Everything is in! and almost everything is hooked up, i'm having some trouble with the cables coming off the carbs though...
              Throttle cables are a BEECH . Easiest way is to take the other end off the throttle tube , carbs off the bike , airbox outta the way . Then connect the carb ends first , airbox back on carb/airbox assembly back on the bike , run throttle cable(s) , and reconnect them at the throttle . Did some of that on mine a couple weeks ago .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

did u use the cables from the newer carbs or the pre? also which handle bar switch did u use?

Comment

You only need one throttle cable, even using the post 98 carbs. I'm running a 01 750 in my pre, and I'm using the new pre-98 throttle cable I already had with the 01 carbs and it works fine.

I never had to take the airbox off to replace / adjust the throttle cable...I guess because I had it off / on so many times I got used to it...

Comment

Done!!!!

Well It's finally done! Took longer than expected due to school and a new job, sorry I'm not really good at posting updates! Here are all the mods!

- 2003 Katana Engine
                    - 2003 Katana Carbs
                    - 2003 Katana Exhaust
                    - 2003 Katana Rear Rim and Tire
                    - 03 GSXR Mirrors with Integrated Signals
                    - Pro grip Grips and Tank Pad
                    - Spike Bar Ends
                    - Cut some of the plastics
                    - Painted Seat
                    - Black Chrome Decals
                    - Custom Carbon Fiber Bezel
                    - New Winscreen, I cut 7" off it and reshaped it!

The only thing i have left to do is to chop down the stock exhaust pipe a little bit, and maybe some custom decals!

I tried to get a good picture of the decals on the front fairings but the camera isn't doing a good job, They don't look like you'd see them very well but you can!
                    Last edited by garrick; 05-29-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

nice work!!!!!!
                      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Would love to see more pics of the mirror mounting.... LOL

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

note: when you move or change photobucket pictures, you have to repost those pictures because photobucket changes the link code, just sayin'
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

zoooooooooombie thread.

raawwwwrrrrrrr.

Comment

Rofl

HAHAHAHAHA! Last post was like a full year a go and Thaz gets in the mood to complain about the photobucket links not working anymore, LOL!

Franken-Thread Is ALIIIIIIVVVVVVEEEEEEE!!!!

-lets make it poppin and post some cool sh!t in here...
                              Cover me, I'm Changing Lanes!

"Fear not death, for the sooner we die the longer we shall be immortal."

Comment

Working...
                              X