Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Pictorial - Katana Swingarm mod to fit GSXR Wheel.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm bandit caps?...... never heard of em ....gotta link i'd luv to take a peek at theses things.
    and yesh any info on the brake arms would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
      hmmm bandit caps?...... never heard of em ....gotta link i'd luv to take a peek at theses things.
      and yesh any info on the brake arms would be greatly appreciated!!!!
      I was just refering to the caps off of the Suzuki bandits when they had the same type swingarms. Thier caps were aluminum, and shapped a bit differently.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ahhh yeah I figgured it out while i was sitting here at work ....DuuRrrRrrRr!!!
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

how much will you be selling the swingarms for

Comment

PM me for details if your serious.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i would like to buy one for mine so if you get ready to sell them let me know ok

Comment

Originally posted by katanaTimm View Post
                i would like to buy one for mine so if you get ready to sell them let me know ok
                I'm making them one off at a time to specifications requested. PM me for details.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

rear swingarm replacement

I do not have access or the ability to accomplish such a thing. Is there a swingarm already out there that will fit? Does an old gixxer swingarm fit?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy's Kat View Post
                    I do not have access or the ability to accomplish such a thing. Is there a swingarm already out there that will fit? Does an old gixxer swingarm fit?

To fit a 5.5" wheel or larger on a pre, you will have to do mods... either to the stock arm to fit the tire, or to fit a swingarm already wide enough to fit it on the bike. GSXR swingarms for 5.5" rims are actually narrower at the pivot bolt, and use larger bolts. So the mods are basically machining parts to put in spacers to make it fit and use the stock Kat bolt yet keep it all tight. Then you have a mod to the brake torque arm mount point for clearnace of the frame. Finally you will need to work out the suspension linkage if the mounting points for the links are not exactly the same as the pre kat.

Your new kat has an extended swingarm though... if your wanting to keep that length, you have clearance for the tire already, you just need about 1/2" to 1" wider at the alxe. The natural flex of that swingarm will be enough to fit the new wheel. Reslot the holes to use a 20mm axle, and everything else would be purchaseing stock parts.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

i need a garage and a lot more tools
                      Cover me, I'm Changing Lanes!

"Fear not death, for the sooner we die the longer we shall be immortal."

Comment

Krey,

Do you know if a newer GSXR wheel will fit? i.e. the ones with the swept spokes.

I am upgrading my suspension on my pre, first off with the busa front end and then hopefully with a wider tire swingarm.

Thanks,
                        1996 Suzuki Katana 750
                        Gixxer 1100 (141.6hp at the wheel)
                        '08 Hayabusa Front End Swap

Comment

Ok so ive been wanting to do this mod since i got my kat...i hate the slim back tire and everyone that sees the bike likes it but they always say and i quote "You need to get a wider back tire on this thing"...Well I have an extra swingarm and my brother is a welder so i know he is capable...I would just like to know if anyone has a diagram or anything for me to go by instead of just pictures...or if someone trustworthy who has the ability to do this and do it right would let me ship them my swingarm and pay them to do it...How much would you charge?
                          Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

Originally posted by Superloki24 View Post
                            Krey,

Do you know if a newer GSXR wheel will fit? i.e. the ones with the swept spokes.

I am upgrading my suspension on my pre, first off with the busa front end and then hopefully with a wider tire swingarm.

Thanks,
                            Custom chain adjusters would be needed of some sort due to the axle size, but yes... I have modded a few swingarms now to use newer 5.5 and 6" wheels. For the front end, you would need to swap the tripples and forks generally to fit the new wheel.

Originally posted by Kattie View Post
                            Ok so ive been wanting to do this mod since i got my kat...i hate the slim back tire and everyone that sees the bike likes it but they always say and i quote "You need to get a wider back tire on this thing"...Well I have an extra swingarm and my brother is a welder so i know he is capable...I would just like to know if anyone has a diagram or anything for me to go by instead of just pictures...or if someone trustworthy who has the ability to do this and do it right would let me ship them my swingarm and pay them to do it...How much would you charge?
                            I do them custom one off... Starting price is currently $250 + swingarm, for the swingarm to be modded. PM me if you interested. I have a batch of a few I'm about to do for others.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Comment

nice job i do have a 93 gsxr 750 rear wheel with swingarm extensions, factory swingarm with old wheel and 190 fat tire
                              LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

Nice Work!
                                sigpic
                                98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                                Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Working...
                                X