X

Suzuki GSX750F Project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki GSX750F Project

Hope I'm posting this in the right place. It's a project I'm just starting but it's looking to be a long term project.

Today I did the basics like oil and filter change, carbs cleaned and some fresh fuel. I needed to see if the engine was good as this was last used in 2015. Anyway, managed to fire it up and it seems all good and sounds great for a 21 year old bike.

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know what the bottom black plug should be connected to? The wires are red and black with red strip.

Now I know the engine is good it's now getting a complete strip down as there is quite a bit of rust.

Sadly my project has come to an end before it really got started. Whilst inspecting the headers I have found part of the frame behind the headers totally rotten. Unless someone can tell me different, that would not be safe to use.

Comment

It's part of the lower frame cradle and only bolts on you should be able to pick one up from a wrecker
      The part lying on the ground

“Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
      Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
      ― Douglas Adams

Comment

Hi, yes I only just found out it was a separate section. Thank you for the pic. Most cradles I find in the UK are pretty rusty. The bar that is rusty on mine, is it welded or bolted to the rest of the cradle? When I look at a parts diagram of the cradle, it shows the bar as being a separate piece that bolts to the rest of the cradle.

Comment

Working...
        X