Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

A Katana isn't a bike. Well, ignorance IS bliss.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Katana isn't a bike. Well, ignorance IS bliss.

First off I manage a cell phone store.

So today I'm with a customer. This guy seemed pretty cool, so we were chatting about various BS while I set up his account.

Then I needed a second form of ID, so he pulls out his Concealed Weapons permit and says I should get one. I'm like "yea, I plan on it pretty soon, but I need to take my MSF course first."

The he says "oh, you ride? That's cool. What kind of bike do you have?"

So I respond "an 01' Katana 600."

He instantly rolls his eyes and shakes his head. Then he says "a Katana isn't a bike."

Then I say "what do you ride?"

His response......drumroll please.................. " a Busa."

Right away I start thinking you're probably too cool for a helmet too, but I just let the conversation die at that point.

It's always easy to seperate the enthusiasts from the posers.
    -Stephen

the future's uncertain, and the end is always near - The Doors

Re: A Katana isn't a bike. Well, ignorance IS bliss.

Originally posted by stb000013
    It's always easy to seperate the enthusiasts from the posers.
    Yes .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You should have told him he is riding a Katana The Busa took the place of the Katana 1100. So next time you see him tell him that.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Just like there is no way for Harley to have built enough bikes to supply all the people wearing the shirts...
        Suzi couldn't build enough 'Busas for all the wienies who
        "ride" them or are "gonna buy" them...

Did you see if he had a motorcycle endorsment on his license?
        I bet he carries a .50 cal desert eagle too.. :roll

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          Just like there is no way for Harley to have built enough bikes to supply all the people wearing the shirts...
          Suzi couldn't build enough 'Busas for all the wienies who
          "ride" them or are "gonna buy" them...

Did you see if he had a motorcycle endorsment on his license?
          I bet he carries a .50 cal desert eagle too.. :roll

LMAO

I just checked the copy of his ID, nope, no endorsment.

I don't care who you are, thats funny!
          -Stephen

the future's uncertain, and the end is always near - The Doors

Comment

Jeeeeezzzzz!

It's guys like that that give us Busa riders the rep we have:
            Either straight line speed junkies that need an on-board gyroscope in order to make a turn, or idiot posers with more money than brains. You should have told the nimrod that it's nice that Suzuki used the Katana to make sure the aerodynamics right before they finished the Busa. The Hayabusa's lineage starts at the Katana 1100, not the GSX-R as so many posers think.

I love it:
            180 on the straights and 40 on the curves. And most of them don't have more than 3K on the clock (It's hard to build up miles a 1/4 mile at a time, or just riding from bike night to bike night).
            sigpic

Comment

Yall are hilarious. I rode to work today and ran into a guy I had met a few weeks ago. He bought a Busa for his first bike. 06 pearl white. Beautiful bike. Well he dropped it at a turn leaving a gas station right after clowning on my "poor 06 Kat". I helped him up that day and laughed. Today he pulls up beside me at a light, rolls the throttle and nodded like he wanted to race. Now I know I don't stand a chance but I wanted to see what he'd do. So I rolled a little bit, light turns red and I take off, but not really fast. He's sitting in a patch of gravel and I guess he didn't notice cause when he let go of the clutch the back tire spun out, he panics, and down he goes again. I went home and died laughing. It's funny to see people who have no business riding something like that continue to make fools of themselves on people on bikes that "aren't bikes". I beat a Busa on a straight away on an 06 Kat going about 45 MPH. Priceless!!!

Comment

It's probably better that you held your tonque or you may have lost a sale out of it

I just absolutely HATE people like this. Even before I ever had a Kat.. you just don't rag on someone else's bike to their face like that. It shows a total lack of courtesy, common sense, and a complete sense of stupidity. If this arsewipe understood anything about riding at all he'd realize you will stand a better chance of getting 100% out of your Kat whereas he will NEVER get 100% out his busa. Its way too much bike for anybody, unless your a professional racer to ever sit there and tell you they can get every once of power and control out of that bike.

Comment

Originally posted by fosdawg
                  So I rolled a little bit, light turns red and I take off, but not really fast.
                  You took off when the light turns red? Scary!

Yeah, I really hate guys who judge people by their bike. All my friends keep on telling me not to get a Katana since it's a "Kan-a-tuna" but they all ride cbrs and gixers ... with no fairings since they dropped it so many times that they are scratched so bad they dont want the fairings on there =\

Comment

Funny funny. The guys with busas I ride with will ride with anyone. even a little 250 rebel on ocasion. We are the streight line type but I drag a peg and knee from time to time. So do all of them. But then we got the posers too that think you must ride this sertain bike to have any fun.

Ride what you like and love every minut of it.
                    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKDEATH
                      Funny funny. The guys with busas I ride with will ride with anyone. even a little 250 rebel on ocasion. We are the streight line type but I drag a peg and knee from time to time. So do all of them. But then we got the posers too that think you must ride this sertain bike to have any fun.

Ride what you like and love every minut of it.
                      +1 ride to ride, not to live, not to be cool, not to be part of the costume party, not to wear the cool black t-shirt from every motorcycle store you visit, to r i d e.

Comment

Man I consider the 50cc Vespa a bike...anything with two wheels and a motor is classified, in my book, as a bike...what a poser that guy is...
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                          Jeeeeezzzzz!

It's guys like that that give us Busa riders the rep we have:
                          Either straight line speed junkies that need an on-board gyroscope in order to make a turn, or idiot posers with more money than brains. You should have told the nimrod that it's nice that Suzuki used the Katana to make sure the aerodynamics right before they finished the Busa. The Hayabusa's lineage starts at the Katana 1100, not the GSX-R as so many posers think.

I love it:
                          180 on the straights and 40 on the curves. And most of them don't have more than 3K on the clock (It's hard to build up miles a 1/4 mile at a time, or just riding from bike night to bike night).
                          Whatever, you know your a Poser just out to get all them Hot Chicks Mr. Starbucks Man
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I had a similar experience last year while browsing around a Suzuki dealership. A salesman walked up to me an asked if I ride and I said 'Yes, a Katana.' His reply was, 'So, you're looking to upgrade.' in a matter of fact tone.

I understand the Kat isn't the fastest machine on the planet but why is it so hard for people to understand that it has many other worthwhile virtues. The more uninformed comments I hear about the Kat, the more I just want to keep it.
                            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

when i got my first bike, the chap who bought the house I was moving out of dismissed any other bikes than a Busa. Considering I'd only had a licence a few months it shows the level of ignorance of these people.

Anyhoo.. over here in blighty, the old Katana (mine is a '93) is affectionately (!) referred to by most people as a Teapot, and generally not given the time of day either. However, I took it on a trackday, and was overtaking ducatis, brand new SP-1's, etc. All because the people who own these bikes cant ride them... will probably scare themselves silly, sell them and give up biking!

it aint what ya ride, its how ya ride it.....

Comment

Working...
                              X