X

2018-19 Winter project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lapp them valves!!!

Pardon my filthy clothes, but it's always a dirty job in the garage.
    Lapping the valves using a tap wrench, spinning the valve on one side,

lightly pushing in the valve on the other:

Comment

Looking good. I was about to say that I've only ever used one of those wooden handled suction cup things, which slides off the valve, and you end up spending half the time just getting that tool seated again. I see that tool in one of those pics. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ygolohcysp View Post
        Looking good. I was about to say that I've only ever used one of those wooden handled suction cup things, which slides off the valve, and you end up spending half the time just getting that tool seated again. I see that tool in one of those pics. LOL
        I watched a guy use one on car valves, but these bike valves are so small, the suction cups had no leverage, and would just slide and spin, not enough grip to spin the valve.
        I got the tap wrench idea from http://www.dansmc.com/indexindex.htm good old school tips.

Comment

Changing the tail…

Ok, just received a 93 Yoshumura superbike tail.
          Will work it so I can swap the stock tail for street riding, and Yoshi tail for track days.
          This is the 1st fitting

Last spring I installed a 93 gsxr 750 rear frame, as you can see.
          Last edited by buffalobill; 12-17-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
            Ok, just received a 93 Yoshumura superbike tail.
            Will work it so I can swap the stock tail for street riding, and Yoshi tail for track days.
            Ah, so you are going to be doing street riding. Go ahead and throw that 6 speed GSXR gear box in there while your at it. I'm sure they're only $1000
            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
              Ah, so you are going to be doing street riding. Go ahead and throw that 6 speed GSXR gear box in there while your at it. I'm sure they're only $1000
              HOW MUCH $$$$ AFTER I FUCK IT UP???

Comment

LOL
                But thats what track bikes are for... "Racing Development"
                No seriously, I'm not going to bug you too much more about it. But, if you've got that old 750 motor just laying around, could be worth trying.

Comment

First start up since valve job; Saturday, then street tested Sunday.
                  Wow, took me 5 hours Sunday to put all the body panels, mirrors, windshield, signal lights plus fabricate a new plate bracket.
                  Test rode it 12 miles with 2 stop sign drag tests with moderation, 9-10,000 rpm shifts. Not accurate but I think it was doing 0 to 100mph in 7 secs! Ok, well seemed like it…
                  Just got into 3rd to pop from 90 to 100mph, then coast down to 65mph. Started to rain a bit, plus I was in my raggy work pants, so I put it away.
                  These are it's street legal clothes;

Comment

Bill, thats one awesome KATANA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work !

Comment

Been working on the tail/seat for track days. Just painted it this week, added the foam pad. Test rode it today.
                      With this seat the bike is very hard and punchy, my eyeballs bounce. Still getting used to riding this bike after 6 months of winter. Not used to hard braking and turning, I'm watching for gravel in the corners too. It don't feel smooth until I get it over 60 mph, perfect for track.
                      Meantime, I'll put the regular seat back on for street riding
                      yPbl3FA.jpg

Last edited by buffalobill; 04-06-2019, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X