Katana 600 dies when it rains

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 600 dies when it rains

Hey guys hope yall doing alright,

well im having a little bit of a problem when it rains. My kat dyies when it rains, it chokes at first gear and then it takes about 1 to 2 minutes pressing the starter button until it comes back to life.

Any sugestions where to start looking ? I have checked the air filter and it does not have any water on it.

Make sure the coils and wires are god & not cracked. A cracked coil housing will cause problems in the rain.

Comment

Check the plug boots for cracks and make sure the plug well drains are clear. The holes are just below the header tubes as they exit the engine.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
        Check the plug boots for cracks and make sure the plug well drains are clear. The holes are just below the header tubes as they exit the engine.

what holes ? I haven seen those

Comment

They may be plugged with schmoo. Probe around...

Comment

Originally posted by jorge1320e View Post
            what holes ? I haven seen those
            Repeat: they are just below the header pipes ( below the header clamps at the head),They aren't very big, you may have to scrub the gunk off the head to find them. Carb cleaner with the straw works great. Make sure you clean the crap from the wells also.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
            X