X

89 750 Kat rear axle nut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 750 Kat rear axle nut

Just wondering, what are the correct dimensions for the castle nut on the rear axle on my 89 750 Kat. The reason I as is, with all the spacers and washers in place, the cotter pin hole on the axle is a bit too far past the nut for the cotter pin to be effective. Either I have the wrong spacers or washer, or I need a taller castle nut

Common problem... I just add another washer on the, axle bolt side.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-15-2017, 06:03 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Have two. Still not quite here. will look for a thicker washer.

Comment

Actually I used a thicker spacer on the sprocket side, I welded a thick washer to the spacer. I needed more sprocket clearance anyway.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Good idea. Next time I have to change the tire and pull the axle, I will add to the sprocket side. For now, I will address it on the right side.

Comment

The post left spacer is 5mm wider. It's a good option.

Generally speaking, the issue is collapsing the entire assembly due to over tightening on the swingarm bolt combined/also with worn bearings. New bearings, squared swingarm tubes, and it resolves the issue.

OR>.. temp fix with spacers.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Been there, didn't fix it.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
              X