X

Left Rear Axle Spacer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Rear Axle Spacer

It is time to re-install my rear wheel and I cannot find the left rear axle spacer (I honestly don't recall seeing it when I removed the wheel, but I am old). I can order one from the dealer, but I was wondering is someone knew the dimensions, with the possibility of finding a similar spacer at a hardware store.

Or buy a used axle set from eBay. They sell pretty cheaply.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Which bike model?

Pre 600/750 used a 9mm thick spacer. BTW, that one sits so close to the wheel carrier lip, that it literally can get "lost" still seated in place on the wheel. So... yeah, if you don't remember seaing it, look on the wheel again.

Post 600/750 uses a 14mm thick spacer.

Both axles are 17mm. OD I don't remember off hand, but you can measure that by what seats in the wheel.
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ah, I see what you mean, literally. At first I thought that was a bearing, but I pulled it and it is a solid spacer. I did not expect it to sit that far into the hub. It barely protrudes.

It is an 89 750 Kat
        Last edited by TripleKing; 05-13-2017, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X