X

New Bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bike

Just got a 2005 katana 600, 15000km. What type of maintenance do I need to do? I plan on changing the oil and the oil filter. Any other suggestions? Where can I find a service manual?

Thanks,
    Bill

Download the manual from mechanics 101, It has all you need to do it.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Download the manual from mechanics 101, It has all you need to do it.
      Mine is 05, the manual only covers to 02. Is 05 and 02 the same?

Comment

98-06 is basically the same so, yes. Supplemental in the back for the minor changes.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

98-06 is basically the same so, yes. Supplemental in the back for the minor changes.
          Oh ok thanks!
          I've taken all the fairings off, I want to clean the bike do it looks brand new. Can i just hose it down? Will that mess up the electronics or rust the bike? Also, when I was unscrewing bolts that hold on the fairings, there was some rust. Should I be concerned?

Thanks,
          Bill

Comment

It is 12 years old, you could find some rust. They have products to remove it. I use a pressure sprayer on mine. You can cover the electrical with plastic, if it bothers you.
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-29-2017, 07:54 PM.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

It is 12 years old, you could find some rust. They have products to remove it. I use a pressure sprayer on mine. You can cover the electrical with plastic, if it bothers you.
              Ok, thanks for all of the help.

Comment

Working...
              X