Rubber plug in a 92 600 carb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber plug in a 92 600 carb?

G'day all
    I'm fixing up my 92 600 and in cleaning up the carbs I've noticed a plug (black rubber 1/4") over one of the Jets in the fuel bowl. On wiki it says this was put in place only in America. So this plug is removable? What was it put there for? Seems it'll only restrict fuel flow.
    Kwak 454...Hoss
    Slowly changing my 92 Kat
    Ride it like you stole it!!!
    Then fix it again

It helps to meter the fuel to the pilot jets, a must have here. The bike will run poorly without it.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I've never known that as a US only thing. It's a KATANA only thing, but that's not an issue with BST33SS carbs. I think you're confusing which plugs are US only. The brass plugs that need to be drilled out over the A/F screws. Those are US only. It's an EPA thing. The rubber plugs that go over the pilot jets, those are worldwide.
      Last edited by arsenic; 03-12-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Yah when I rebut the carbs, I overlooked those plugs. Till I ran it. Then I replaced them. My advice, buy new orings at least. They are necessary
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

They don't seem to have O Rings, more like a bump half way down. But there proving to be a pain to put back in!
          I'll try getting them up too see if that'll soften them? The rubbers no cracking so I'll see if that'll work?
          There must be a good reason for them, mabie smaller lift cams as the 750 hasn't got them but it's the same carbs.
          Kwak 454...Hoss
          Slowly changing my 92 Kat
          Ride it like you stole it!!!
          Then fix it again

Comment

They're little rubber pieces man. The kind of stuff you REPLACE when rebuilding carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              They're little rubber pieces man. The kind of stuff you REPLACE when rebuilding carbs.
              +1^ They're only little rubber pieces....put them back in!
              2004 KTM 525 EXC
              2004 KTM 200 EXC
              1990 Suzuki GSX600F
              1978-1/2 AMF/H-D Low Rider 1200

Comment

Working...
              X