X

89 Gsx750F fuel/carb Issues.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 Gsx750F fuel/carb Issues.

Hey, ive been getting my bike ready for spring/summer and ive ran into somewhat of a roadblock, i fitted a new float needle/bowl seal, after having overflow issues, ive had the carbs on and off setting float height, yet im still having fuel flow/overflow issues, ive replaced fuel lines, checked petcock etc.
    Im completely at a loss, starting to consider whether there is a deeper problem in there somewhere.

If anyone has any idea or know of a straight swap for my carbs, would love to hear from you

Also, will these 06' gsx750f carbs fit my 89' 750? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GSX...EAAOSwTM5YwQ~D
    Last edited by Danhutch; 03-11-2017, 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Originally posted by Danhutch View Post
    Hey, ive been getting my bike ready for spring/summer and ive ran into somewhat of a roadblock, i fitted a new float needle/bowl seal, after having overflow issues, ive had the carbs on and off setting float height, yet im still having fuel flow/overflow issues, ive replaced fuel lines, checked petcock etc.
    Im completely at a loss, starting to consider whether there is a deeper problem in there somewhere.

If anyone has any idea or know of a straight swap for my carbs, would love to hear from you

Also, will these 06' gsx750f carbs fit my 89' 750? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GSX...EAAOSwTM5YwQ~D
    The post carbs could be made to fit, but is a poor choice in resolving the issue.

A full clean and rebuild on the carbs you have are going to yield the best results. If they are "leaking" it because something was missed. If you are not sure what to do, then help us help you. More info, pics are helpful. Show us what you have done.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i will get pics done soon, i had them cleaned in the uk by a bloke from this forum, and all ive replaced is the float needle and float bowl gasket. i will take some pics when i take them off again, i got frustrated to put them down and got cracking on overhauling my calipers instead

Comment

post carbs on a pre motor/bike

what must be done to mount a set of BSR36SS carbs on a pre bike?

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        The post carbs could be made to fit, but is a poor choice in resolving the issue.

A full clean and rebuild on the carbs you have are going to yield the best results. If they are "leaking" it because something was missed. If you are not sure what to do, then help us help you. More info, pics are helpful. Show us what you have done.

Krey
        '95 gsx750F, '79 gs1000e '77 gs750
        '83 xj550 maxim
        '84 xvz1200
        '78 cb750F3 & '76 FLH stroker
        '80 fxs80 got whacked, only parts left

Comment

Originally posted by GaryS-NJ View Post
          what must be done to mount a set of BSR36SS carbs on a pre bike?
          Post airbox to match the boots up. Probably need to swap the engine boots. You could theoretically run only a single throttle cable, but if you wanted to change up to use both the push/pull, then you would need to swap the throttle pod.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X