X

98+ Rear wheel on 1990 Katana 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98+ Rear wheel on 1990 Katana 600?

I know this has been covered a lot, and from what i've read the answer is yes it will fit.

I purchased a 98+ rear wheel of ebay, and from the looks of it if I threw on a tire it looks like it's going to be extremely close to the swing arms. Theres about an inch on each side without the tire.

Are you guys positive that this will fit with the normal 150 tire on?
    Last edited by thehiddencheese; 03-09-2017, 04:06 PM.
    My 1990 GSX 600 Street fighter Build

Originally posted by thehiddencheese View Post
    I know this has been covered a lot, and from what i've read the answer is yes it will fit.

I purchased a 98+ rear wheel of ebay, and from the looks of it if I threw on a tire it looks like it's going to be extremely close to the swing arms. Theres about an inch on each side without the tire.

Are you guys positive that this will fit with the normal 150 tire on?
    100% positive with a 150. You could make a 160 work too, but would to tweek the brake arm for clearance. Neither will hit the swingarm if it's properly aligned and/or the swingarm is not out of alignment.

Check out Fred's bike rebuild for example. It's a pre frame/swingarm with Post most everything else. lol.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      100% positive with a 150. You could make a 160 work too, but would to tweek the brake arm for clearance. Neither will hit the swingarm if it's properly aligned and/or the swingarm is not out of alignment.

Check out Fred's bike rebuild for example. It's a pre frame/swingarm with Post most everything else. lol.

Krey
      Ok I trust ya Kreylyn, i'll go ahead with getting tires for it, and the 5 lug disk brake. Thanks
      My 1990 GSX 600 Street fighter Build

Comment

Working...
      X