X

Re: shift rod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: shift rod

Hey guys, can I use the centre shift rod from a Honda 1000 on my Katana,is the honda and the Suzuki the same thread type

Why not just go with Suzuki? I had the shift rod on my Ninja ZXR600 taken out along with the foot peg by a 700+lb ferral hog at 104 mph in West Texas one night, and was glad to slide on by it. I was able to order the replacement easily enough.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I doubt anyone else on here is going to know the answer to that since no one on here is likely to have that bike (btw, there are several different Honda 1000s and different years, and they all could have different shift rods, so even if someone does have a Honda, not enough info to go on)
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
        Why not just go with Suzuki? I had the shift rod on my Ninja ZXR600 taken out along with the foot peg by a 700+lb ferral hog at 104 mph in West Texas one night, and was glad to slide on by it. I was able to order the replacement easily enough.
        These things are hard to come by inJamaica, there are more Hondas here than Suzuki, so that's why this question

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
        I doubt anyone else on here is going to know the answer to that since no one on here is likely to have that bike (btw, there are several different Honda 1000s and different years, and they all could have different shift rods, so even if someone does have a Honda, not enough info to go on)
        The rods might be different but I am wondering about the inner thread if they are the same
        Last edited by 1100; 03-06-2017, 08:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by 1100 View Post
          These things are hard to come by inJamaica, there are more Hondas here than Suzuki, so that's why this question
          zumas reply was to your location, say's you are in Canada, but you say you are in Jamaica, is there no where to order parts in Jamaica? e-bay
          2002 750 Kat
          2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
          1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
          2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by dano68 View Post
            zumas reply was to your location, say's you are in Canada, but you say you are in Jamaica, is there no where to order parts in Jamaica? e-bay
            Yeah, I am here I am here,if I buy in Canada it sill has to get to where the bike is,Jamaica, and Jama customs wants half of what I paid

Comment

Working...
            X