X

Pre parts diagrams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre parts diagrams

So I've started putting my $50 1990 gsx600f project back together. When I picked it up it was basically just the frame and motor and the rest in pieces. The PO did a great job of putting the majority of the parts and fasteners in labeled bags. However not 100%. All the main parts are good and have most of the bike back together. I've found a few websites with parts diagrams like this
    http://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemp...nk-model-j-k-l but I'm wondering if any of you guys know of somewhere that has a more clear diagram?

The manual is here. www.bikbandit.com www.ronayers.com
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks 92 for the links. I have a download of the manual already. And those diagrams look to be the same. Was hoping to find one with a bit more detail of the fastener sizes so I'm putting the right bolts in the right places. Not really a big deal since none of it is for vital parts just stuff like rear fender bolts. Buddy I bought it from is going to come take a look so hopefully he can shed some light.

Comment

Originally posted by y2ktj View Post
        Thanks 92 for the links. I have a download of the manual already. And those diagrams look to be the same. Was hoping to find one with a bit more detail of the fastener sizes so I'm putting the right bolts in the right places. Not really a big deal since none of it is for vital parts just stuff like rear fender bolts. Buddy I bought it from is going to come take a look so hopefully he can shed some light.
        Unfortunately you won't really find what your looking for in that way. The parts diagrams are the best to specify the order and how parts go together, and the most detail you get is going to the the parts descriptions.

Alternatively is a bit of internet sleuthing by looking for pics and posts about specific areas. One suggestion is of course look for peeps doing things like front end work/swaps here, and you will probably run across pics of people taking it apart to give you an idea of what they look like. You can also search for parts used, like on ebay for example. of times you ill see the hardware included with a fender as an example, then you would again have a visual reference for what it looks like.

As a general rule of thumb, if the bolt is going into a threaded hole, the correct length is going to be about 1/4-3/8" threading. That means, put the bolt into the hole, don't start the thread. The head of the bolt should be about that distance from the surface. It's an aproximate, not 100%, but does help me especially when you have covers with 3-5 different bolt length sizes.

Ultimately though, if you just are not finding the info you need, and have time to wait... post pics with questions here. Someone will probably be able to answer the question. If you post "where does this bolt go" please make sure you measured it and provide specs. Size, length, thread pitch, and a shot of the head. The markings on heads of bolts mean something.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah I've been checking as many of the threads on pre's that I can. Ive been modifying my jeep tj for the last 15 years. Worked at my buddies 4x4 and suspension shop part time after my graveyard shifts for a couple years to help him get it off the ground so I'm handy with a wrench but bikes are new. I'm a noob and not afraid to ask the noob questions. I'm sure there will be lots once it comes time to get it ready to start.

Comment

Working...
          X