X

Pre Kat Post Kat Wheel swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Kat Post Kat Wheel swap

Hi there! I have a '95 Katana 750 and I want to swap the wheels for the post kat ones. The reason is to put a 160 rear tire. I've searched around the forum for some answers but counldn't find erevything I wanted to know.

I found that 98-06 rear wheel would be a direct fit but i'm concerned about the front wheel. I've read that 98-02 front wheel would need some spacers but what about 03-06? Will there be any issues with the brake rotors (front or rear)? Also are there any difference between the 600 and the 750 wheels?

There's a guy selling a pair of '06 750 wheels (with rotors and sproket) not far from where I live. Before buying anything I wanted to know what kind of work I would have to do to fit them on.

Any piece of advice would be much apreciated.

Felix

I do not have most of the answers you need, but I am fairly certain you would want to go with the 98-02 front wheel as I believe it still had the notches in it for the speedometer pickup and the 03-06 do not. I could be wrong though.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I dont mind for the speedo pickup because I have an aftermarket gauge with a magnet pickup.

Comment

rear any 98 through 06 will work.

Front you need 98-02. No special spacers needed. It's a direct fit. Even the rotors are swap-able on the front so you can pick which you want to use.

The 03 or newer are to wide at the hub. You would need to swap the entire front end to work that.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Krey! That's exactly what I needed to know!

Felix

Comment

I'll mention on the rear... use the post spacer, carrier, rotor. You can swap your sprocket to the carrier. The rotor has a different bolt pattern on the rear, so you have to get a post fit rotor for that. Caliper side no changes needed.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Good to know. Thanks alot!

Felix

Comment

Working...
              X