Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

2006 suzuki gsx750f starts and runs. But won't shuts of when gas/throttle it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2006 suzuki gsx750f starts and runs. But won't shuts of when gas/throttle it.

    Hi, I have a 2006 suzuki gsx750f. This is my first bike. I just got a fuel tank for it. Hook it up. Starts up just fine. But as soon as I go to gas/throttle it. It shuts off. Can someone help please.

  • #2
    Clean the carbs.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

    Comment


    • #3
      Side stand is up???
      “Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
      Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
      ― Douglas Adams

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Blades Inked View Post
        Hi, I have a 2006 suzuki gsx750f. This is my first bike. I just got a fuel tank for it. Hook it up. Starts up just fine. But as soon as I go to gas/throttle it. It shuts off. Can someone help please.

        Before you start tearing carbs out to clean them use the "KISS" method (Keep It Simple Stupid) check the fuel delivery system (fuel quality, filter, petcock etc) check the tps and its settings, plugs, coils etc, make sure theres no cracks in the airbox and the filter isnt blocked or wide open (you need low pressure/vacuum inside the box), no leaks in the manifolds, as long as fuel, electrical, and air delivery are in order then as a last resort pull the carbs.

        If you need to rebuild the carbs the cheapest place ive found for k&l kits is $14.95ea w/ free s&h at
        http://www.powersportparts.net/mobile/default.aspx

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FloridaJoe View Post
          Before you start tearing carbs out to clean them use the "KISS" method (Keep It Simple Stupid) check the fuel delivery system (fuel quality, filter, petcock etc) check the tps and its settings, plugs, coils etc, make sure theres no cracks in the airbox and the filter isnt blocked or wide open (you need low pressure/vacuum inside the box), no leaks in the manifolds, as long as fuel, electrical, and air delivery are in order then as a last resort pull the carbs.

          If you need to rebuild the carbs the cheapest place ive found for k&l kits is $14.95ea w/ free s&h at
          http://www.powersportparts.net/mobile/default.aspx
          I agree with the KISS method, which is why I'm going to interject with ...

          Do not bother with the TPS. You can outright unplug it and it will have 0 effect on your issue, or over all have much any effect on how the bike runs. The TPS when functioning only creates a very minor adjustment to the timing curve for the ignition for 1st/2nd gear. If it's not in gear, it's not making those changes, the changes would be minor, non of the adjustments working or not would be noticeable to the average user with out it being hooked up to a dyno.
          93 750 Kat



          Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

          "I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blades Inked View Post
            Hi, I have a 2006 suzuki gsx750f. This is my first bike. I just got a fuel tank for it. Hook it up. Starts up just fine. But as soon as I go to gas/throttle it. It shuts off. Can someone help please.
            Oh the other thing i would recomend before tearing the carbs off is to take off/out the slides and diaphrams, theyre easy to inspect (2screw ea, under the black hats on top of the carbs) inside theres a diaphram atteched to the slide and needle, a large spring (dont bend or stretch) and one tiny lil shit ass o ring, why? I have no idea cause theres no passage below it! anyhow if your gonna do a rebuild they have to be checked, so hold them up to the light and GENTLY stretch them a bit and look for any pin holes or rips,, if you get lucky if theres any holes in them that could be the issue an u can save yourself the trouble of a rebuild, cause your butterflys are opening but your slides arent,

            Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            I agree with the KISS method, which is why I'm going to interject with ...

            Do not bother with the TPS. You can outright unplug it and it will have 0 effect on your issue, or over all have much any effect on how the bike runs. The TPS when functioning only creates a very minor adjustment to the timing curve for the ignition for 1st/2nd gear. If it's not in gear, it's not making those changes, the changes would be minor, non of the adjustments working or not would be noticeable to the average user with out it being hooked up to a dyno.
            You know thats exactly what i thought, and your probably right off the bottom of the fuel delivery curve, but i just went through this on mine, i picked up a 05 kat750 that sat for god atleast 6-7yrs , i only paid $100 for the bike cause it was dropped, i knew the tank carbs etc all had to be redone, i just redid all that and when i fired it up, it was good through the mid upper range but but off the bottom it was funky (im use to harleys pulling out of the hole) and when i chopped the throttle to idle it died, so i checked the tps and it wasnt working, ( some jackass must have impacted the screws in cause i ended up snapping an ear off getting off, i then benched checked it again and it must have been dirt or corrosion on the pot arm because it was working again, so after i found out this $10 tps was $175 tps, i crazy glued the ear back on, now it works fine, go figure!
            Last edited by FloridaJoe; 02-28-2017, 08:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks. Guys. Like I said this my first bike. The guy I got it from said it was sitting for 8 years. It's was working when he left it in his garage. But yea as soon as I gas it. It shuts off and also when I drop it in 1st gear and 2nd. It shuts. Off.

              And another thing. On the left side of the bike just a little under on the side of the fuel tank. There's a plug(black) shape like a (L) is just hanging. Where dose it goes or should I send pictures to help
              Last edited by Blades Inked; 03-01-2017, 03:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Blades Inked View Post
                Thanks. Guys. Like I said this my first bike. The guy I got it from said it was sitting for 8 years. It's was working when he left it in his garage. But yea as soon as I gas it. It shuts off and also when I drop it in 1st gear and 2nd. It shuts. Off.

                And another thing. On the left side of the bike just a little under on the side of the fuel tank. There's a plug(black) shape like a (L) is just hanging. Where dose it goes or should I send pictures to help
                Post a pic of the plug, but probably/maybe not used at all.

                If the bike shuts off (like you hit the kill switch) when putting it into gear, it's most likely the saftey switch system. There is a side stand switch to kill the engine if it's down and the bike is put into gear.

                The not running when you throttle it is most likely an carb issue. Could also be a block air box. More research on your part may be necessary. Bike that sit a while though tend to attract critters that like to store things/nest in the airbox.

                Krey
                93 750 Kat



                Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

                "I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  agree on verifying fuel to carbs first for the problem revving it. I would remove the fuel tank and feed it with a funnel. Mine was low on gas and did the same thing (just got here running). but if you need choke to idle or run, then pull the pilot jets and clean them good (seeing light might not be enough), or replace them if you don't have carb tool to clean jets.
                  '95 gsx750F, '79 gs1000e '77 gs750
                  '83 xj550 maxim
                  '84 xvz1200
                  '78 cb750F3 & '76 FLH stroker
                  '80 fxs80 got whacked, only parts left

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    what was it?
                    '95 gsx750F, '79 gs1000e '77 gs750
                    '83 xj550 maxim
                    '84 xvz1200
                    '78 cb750F3 & '76 FLH stroker
                    '80 fxs80 got whacked, only parts left

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X