X

High rpm at idle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High rpm at idle

Im not sure what the problem is. When i first start my bike it idles normally but as it warms up to temp it will idle between 3 and 4000 rpm. I have a 2006 katana 600

Originally posted by Free6your9willy View Post
    Im not sure what the problem is. When i first start my bike it idles normally but as it warms up to temp it will idle between 3 and 4000 rpm. I have a 2006 katana 600
    Fuel in the oil will do it. vacuum/air leak/sync issue will do it. "choke" which is actually a fuel enrichment system stuck open will do it.

Your gonna need to do a little bit of work to narrow down which is the issue.

I'd check the oil for fuel smell first.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

So i took the crabs out and cleaned best i could. All of the screws were stuck so i couldnt take apart. I sprayed carb cleaner in the and the parts are moving better and did an oil change but now my problem is the opposite and idles around 700 and then dies

Comment

Crabs????? That would screw some shit
        up.... Needle nose Vise grips, impact driver or a dremmel, to slot the screws would get those out. You need to get those apart and clean them properly.
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 02-04-2017, 10:54 PM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

yeah, my machines usually run like ish with dirty crabs.
          A nice clean carb usually fixes little things like you're describing with the dying.
          1988 GSX1100FJ
          sigpic
          Instagram @derdmn
          1976 Dodge Aspen 225 slant six
          2013 Chevy Equinox 2.3 EcoTec (plans for turbo system)

Comment

Working...
          X