X

Non-Ethanol gas...It does exist !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Ethanol gas...It does exist !

Yes fellas...rite up the road from my house and everyday, not seasonal like other gas stations. I remember some people saying that non-ethanol is completely obsolete. Like I was trying to tell those folks, from my knowledge some gas stations get non-ethanol gas on occasion. Well, my local BP station says he's going to have it year around now...ha, ha, ha ...f@#k y'all !...lol Joking guys Looks like the Kat-1100 is going to be purring...well, hopefully

My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

A station near me has it, all my bikes, lawn mowers trimmers, etc. are purring on it.
    GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Not a chance in hell of finding that here..
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Let me tell you guys a secret: If the store owner is a boat lover, then your more likely to find non-ethanol gas...why ? because ethanol pulls moister into the gas, which causes catastroriphic problems to boat engines, lawn equipment and motorcycles. Because boats are probably the most popular of the bunch upon people who have influnence, thats the popular vote. I live near a lake...so, a bunch of boats pass this store daily. Talk to your local gas station owner to get things worked out. Basically, carburated engines all together ! Ethanol drys out gaskets, etc... New Technology isn't always the way to go !
        Last edited by katanarider; 01-30-2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Sweet mother of gravy! I don't even think the marinas around here sell that.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Not here.....we do have 104 octane race fuel....30 miles away.
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-30-2017, 10:26 PM.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
              Sweet mother of gravy! I don't even think the marinas around here sell that.
              California Sucks ! Fuck that state, if your a gear head in any fashion. Fuck Califoria, for real !
              By the way, EBR bikes/2 cylinder run off of 89 octane @ 180+ horse power.
              That being said, the Ninga ZX-14/4 cylider requires 95 ocatane...try finding that shit.
              Buy American... Texas for real !
              Last edited by katanarider; 01-31-2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Try this site:

Pure-gas.org is the definitive web site listing stations that sell pure gasoline in the U.S. and Canada.

It lists all known stations that carry ethanol-free gasoline, USA & Canada.
                GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

I have a few non Ethanol pumps near me. And a race fuel pump. It's nice. =)
                  My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Every QT gas station in this area has it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Chevron pumps here have it in the 94 octane variety, pricey but worth it.
                      1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
                      V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
                      Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

Quite a few of the stations around here carry it. It's criminal what they charge for it though...

FWIW - Most quality modern small gas engines are quite happy with ethanol gas. I have a pressure washer, generator, ATV, etc. powered by Honda engines and they all work just fine with the standard 10% ethanol mix stuff regularly found around here. Same goes with my Husqvarna chainsaw, Cub Cadet weed eater, etc. I think most people have problems because they let them sit for long periods without running them, treating the fuel, letting it evaporate out and leaving the varnish behind, etc.
                        Last edited by B-Man; 02-03-2017, 11:15 PM.
                        2005 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
                          I think most people have problems because they let them sit for long periods without running them
                          That's about the reality of it.
                          2006 750

Comment

I will disagree, I have a couple small engine equipment that will not run well if at all with 10% ethanol fuel.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I noticed the replacement carb on my weed eater has a dried diaphragm from just one year of ethanol. Not that its un-operational, but I have done adjustments to the fuel screws to keep it running/idling smooth. I can feel the difference in the rubber with my fingers, the diaphragm is stiffer now.
                              Any how, since I first posted this thread I've noticed 2 more gas stations on the same stretch of road that have the same exact grade (89) of Non-Ethanol. I'm guess the same delievery truck must service those gas stations as well. Funny, because one staion is a BP (British Patroleum) and the other 2 are Shell stations, all within 2-3 mile stretch...wierd

Comment

Working...
                              X