X

Still purrs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still purrs...

Hey y'all. After not starting my Katana for a year and a half...It fired up today, with very little effort. Stabil is a wonderful thing. Battery is shot, but that's nothing big.
    I talked to PA Kat last night, and told him I'll sell it to him, when he's ready to buy it.

I hope things are good for all of you guys!
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Originally posted by Scout View Post
    Hey y'all. After not starting my Katana for a year and a half...It fired up today, with very little effort. Stabil is a wonderful thing. Battery is shot, but that's nothing big.
    I talked to PA Kat last night, and told him I'll sell it to him, when he's ready to buy it.

I hope things are good for all of you guys!
    Nice. Mine has been sitting 17 years. I'm doing a comprehensive restart now...
    2004 KTM 525 EXC
    2004 KTM 200 EXC
    1990 Suzuki GSX600F
    1978-1/2 AMF/H-D Low Rider 1200

Comment

17 years??? Holy shit!
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by dnelli View Post
        Nice. Mine has been sitting 17 years. I'm doing a comprehensive restart now...
        That is some serious procrastination.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

All here is maximum groovy, my friend. Always dandy hearing from you. Hope you are doing well also.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Virginia sucks. I hate everything about it. But otherwise, I'm doing ok, Zuma. Nice to hear from you too, bro.
            ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
            チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
            Semper Fi

Comment

Virginia sucks. I hate everything about it. But otherwise, I'm doing ok, Zuma. Nice to hear from you too, bro.
              With my glasses on.......it says Virginia.....
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

17 years??? Holy shit!
                Yup. My neighbor next door wants their sons bike out of their garage. He had it sold a couple of times, but it was never finalized for one reason or another. I worked with him at my last job, so I built a rapport with him. He just wanted it out of his parents garage and said that all i do for them I could have it, e.g. occasionally mow their lawn or shovel their sidewalk when they go to the Philippines for three months, help him lift heavier stuff etc.

The carb #1 butterfly was stuck. The jets weren't that bad for a bike that has been garage parked for 17 years, but this is a pre-ethanol bike. I did clean them out, pilot and main jets and of course all the other parts including the carb bodies. I changed the oil and filter and got a K&N air filter before I read the crappy review posts about them and Kat's. Oh well, if i don't like it, I'll change it for the tuned stock paper pleated filter.

The fuel tank looked nicer then the ones on eBay selling for $280, but it had a pin hole leak that i got patched and braised by a family friend for free. The lock was frozen on the tank, so a trip to the local locksmith and $23 bucks later they had it opened and 2 new keys cut as the only one I was given started to crack. I really didn't want to dump a bunch of money in it but am getting excited to ride it.
                Last edited by dnelli; 01-25-2017, 06:42 AM.
                2004 KTM 525 EXC
                2004 KTM 200 EXC
                1990 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

My 1996 had less than 1000 miles when I took it out of the barn a couple of years ago, after sitting there for at least 9 years. It had been stored dry and I put in new premium gas and added Techron fuel additive. I also changed the oil and the spark plugs. It started right up and I have been riding it for the last two years and have over 2,000 miles on it now! I also put on new tires after the first season, but I should have done it when it started right up(I foolishly took my life into my own hands). It is now a "new" retro for all intents and purposes.
                  Last edited by Chowtoo; 01-25-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chowtoo View Post
                    My 1996 had less than 1000 miles when I took it out of the barn a couple of years ago, after sitting there for at least 9 years. It had been stored dry and I put in new premium gas and added Techron fuel additive. I also changed the oil and the spark plugs. It started right up and I have been riding it for the last two years and have over 2,000 miles on it now! I also put on new tires after the first season, but I should have done it when it started right up(I foolishly took my life into my own hands). It is now a "new" retro for all intents and purposes.
                    2004 KTM 525 EXC
                    2004 KTM 200 EXC
                    1990 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Working...
                    X