GSX600F Exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX600F Exhaust

Hi Guys,

My Stepdad recently gifted me his old GSX600F (1989). (I'm a little limited on knowledge for engines and the like, still learning). Its got a few issues that I'm trying to fix up so i can get it through its MOT as my first "big" bike. I noticed today that its got a hole in the middle section of the exhaust.

I have two questions:

I was looking around online and wanted to know if you can fit a 1992+ exhaust on the older 1989 bikes! They're a bit easier to get a hold of and cheaper because of that reason!

I've had a look at the down pipes and i can't see any holes or damage, just a bit of rust. So my second question is, would it be worth just buying the middle section of the exhaust to replace the part of the pipe that's broken?

Any help is welcome

Thanks
    Last edited by Ikech; 08-16-2016, 06:22 AM.

Yes, you can use the 92 exhaust.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

89-97 should be the same.

If you can find just the mid pipe, might as well buy just that. I doubt anyone elses old exhaust system is going to be in much better shape than yours right now.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thanks for the replies, going to see if I can get the current exhaust off, once its all sorted i'll throw up some pictures so you can take a look!

Comment

Working...
        X