X

Haaaalp 94 katana 750 won't start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haaaalp 94 katana 750 won't start

I have a 1994 katana 750 that won't start. It was stored inside for about 2 years and then some dick head put it outside. I live in Massachusetts and the winter it was outside we had about 6 feet of snow and the bike was also hit by a plow, I was given the bike the start of spring and completely rebuild her. But my problem is when I put fuel in the tank and try to start it the bike floods. I open up the belly of the carbs and all but one have gas in them...can anyone shed some light on my situation?

You need to fully rebuild the carbs. Possibly also the petcock.
    If fuel is flooding the engine that means you have an issue with the floats, incorrect height, stuck open, debris clogging it, etc.
    No fuel in one means some shit is seriously clogged somewhere.

Go to the wiki (upper left) and find carbs 101. It's a how to for carb cleaning/rebuilding. 2 things though - use everyman's chem dip for 24 hours instead of spraying carb cleaner, and set the A/F screws to 2.5 turns out instead of 1.5.

Also if your flooding fuel into the crankcase, change the oil before you try to run the bike again.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

He means " Berryman's carb dip".
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thank you it will try it out

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          He means " Berryman's carb dip".
          LMAO
          That's what I get for not proofreading.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100