X

Fairing Rubbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing Rubbers

My gsx600f seems to be in good condition overall and did pass it's MOT which has made me very happy. I have noticed that as speed increases so does a noise, which I suspect is either fairing or fender related. Some of the fairing bolts appear to be missing something as there is a gap, I can only assume there should be a rubber washer. Can anyone mark up a photo with which bolts should have a rubber washer (or nylon if appropriate)? Also on one side of the front fender where it is shaped around the fork there is a small piece of rubber but not the other side, I can only guess that a previous owner notice the Fender vibrating and put it in to keep the noise down, anyone else have this?
    Cheers

You can look at a Fische at www.bikebandit.com or www.ronayers.com
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

fairing cushions

Don't forget that most of the fairing cushions (rubbers) also need a spacer for them. I just repainted a bike that had cracks all over the mounting locations where they had not put spacers back in and just tightened down the fairing cushions and they cracked in dozens of places.

Comment

I had a look at the fische files but all they said was a screw, I have taken a photo of the main fitting I am interested in. Its the one on top of the side fairing near the handle bars (hope this photo thing works)
        [IMG][/IMG]

The other thing is a small peice of rubber behind the fender, I assume this is not OEM. I suspect is it to stop some vibration on the fender, any thoughts?
        [IMG][/IMG]
        Last edited by Alchemist113; 07-18-2016, 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I dont have a rubber on that screw on mine also.
          And I was actually going to put a piece of rubber in the same place on my fender.
          I wouldnt worry about it.

Comment

Great call on the spacers. I have all my original fairing bolts and they are shoulder bolts that don't need the spacers but if going to an aftermarket or full thread bolt, they will not have the shoulder and will in fact crack the fairings... I know first hand sadly.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about that screw but, those nasty fork tubes are another story.....
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

It was a Ž£200 bike that passed it's MOT, I can cope with a little ugly to be on the road again.

Any recommendations to make them nice when it is off the road over winter?

Comment

The rubber pads on the fender are stock.....I'm missing one too....just a trace of the adhesive left where it was at one point.

Comment

You have options to clean those up. Polish them or paint them. GM silver metallic is spot perfect to the OEM color of the painted lowers.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                    X