X

Carb issues?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb issues?

Katana 750f 2006.when I first start the bike it idols fine.but when I try to accelerate there is no throttle responce(want rev up).but when the engine warms up the bike runs great no problems what so ever.does anyone have a answer to what the problem could be..

Could be any number of things but im 100% sure you need to completely dismantle your carbs for a proper cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood 1153 View Post
      Katana 750f 2006.when I first start the bike it idols fine.but when I try to accelerate there is no throttle responce(want rev up).but when the engine warms up the bike runs great no problems what so ever.does anyone have a answer to what the problem could be..
      A hot engine runs better lean.

A cold engine runs better rich.

Since the bike doesn't run best until it's hot, I'd say your running lean, and the most common issue for that is dirty carbs and or air/vacuum leaks.

Clean the carbs, sync them, check for leaks, fine tune the carbs and settings... enjoy.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks krey....I don't know alot about sync the carbs ill buy whatever it takes, or if anybody knows a person or shop in georgia, let me know.what type of equipment do I need to do it myself.I'm going to the dragons tail in tn.in a couple weeks so I need those carbs right.

Comment

Working...
        X