No announcement yet.
X

Buyers Remorse. Any wise words? [long]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is trying to be nice and encouraging. Honest answer, there's a 95% chance you'll fuck it up. Carb work is something that everyone CAN do. It takes practice, a lot of practice, patients, tools, and a fairly good mechanical understanding. If you start taking your carbs apart on a picnic table, it will not end well.

Comment

^ Follow Chris's advice, did it myself with his help.

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        Everyone is trying to be nice and encouraging. Honest answer, there's a 95% chance you'll fuck it up. Carb work is something that everyone CAN do. It takes practice, a lot of practice, patients, tools, and a fairly good mechanical understanding. If you start taking your carbs apart on a picnic table, it will not end well.
        haha some solid advice there. zero knowledge of mechanics

Comment

Did a quick search and I can see why there's a buyers remorse. I found a few around 30k miles for 500quid that seemed in very good shape.

But at least this way, you got a great bike (once restored properly) that will last a long time. As mentioned before in the thread, the Katana engine is a real work horse and more or less bulletproof if maintained well.

Oh and you found the katriders.com website which has helped me loads already (and I'm a new biker too )

Comment

Originally posted by Suture View Post
            I found a few around 30k miles for 500quid that seemed in very good shape.
            My 03 had about 25k on it and I bought it for $700.
            For the price the issues were not too bad. When I bought it the carbs were in pieces in bags all mixed up.

Comment

Yeah i know what you guys mean, if im honest now that i have it it seems to be running great other than the carb issues, and any issues it does have are simply from being left sitting around.

now i have it it will be properly maintained and regularly serviced and driven every few 1000 miles.

damn from going from a 125cc to a 750cc its like a rocket ship, i gunned it today 0-60 in like 3/4 seconds

Comment

Working...
              X