Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Is it springtime in northern Ohio? (update-first ride)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it springtime in northern Ohio? (update-first ride)

It's still freezing and supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow, but the long range weather forecast is calling for 69 F and sunny next Saturday! I'm de-winterizing and starting up the bike tomorrow in anticipation of the first ride of the year this weekend! I'd do it today, but I'm sitting in Roanoke, VA waiting on a fare. About freakin time this accursed winter passed!

Send that spring time weather over to PA !! Im still waiting for that last ditch snow to come late march like it does every other year before spring gets here

Comment

It's looking to be about the same in central Indiana, freight dog; and just in time for Spring Break too 8)

I, however, couldn't wait. I spent all weekend wrenching on the bike and got a crap ton accomplished (well, I consider it a lot anyhow); I got all my mods installed, fresh gas in, new plugs installed, the chain waxed and lubed and the tires aired up.... it was chilly yesterday, but I went out for my first ride of the season. And it was awesome.

I can not wait until the warm weather gets here and stays here... this season is going to be awesome!

Comment

Fellow KatRiders,

If you folks are experiencing some nice weather, can you please send some up to Canada? I am anxiously waiting to get on my Katana and your help woud be appriecated.

I am located near Toronto and look forward to anything you can spare. Thank you in advance.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

on day of nice weather dont count

Comment

Yup , 2 days of rain followed by mid-70's and sunny . Just in time for my engine teardown . I'll be out in the driveway crying if anyone needs me ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Damn Matt, what happened to the engine? I feel for ya bro.

Comment

Had a leakdown test done because I've been having problems with one cylinder since ..... oh , before the Gap rally last summer . Turns out that cylinder has bad (if they're even still THERE ) exhasut valves . So it needs to be torn down and tinkered with . HOPEFULLY it's just some carbon causing it to hang . But I'm not an optimist .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it just needs a cleaning then and you will be back on the road quickly. Good luck.

Comment

Spent all afternoon de-winterizing the bike. Changed oil, fresh gas with Techron, replaced the carb drain plugs, cleaned and oiled the chain, changed brake fluid after installing the speed bleeders, took the battery off the charger and dropped it back in, and washed her up good. I let the prime flow for about 15 seconds, full choke and she fired up in 2 revolutions! It doesn't usually start that easy after only a few days, let alone 3 1/2 months! How freaking cool is that? I let it warm up good, and just drove down to the corner gas station to top off the air in the tires. Didn't want to risk getting caught because I let the tags expire. Tomorrow, off to the DMV.

She is running like a top. Life is good.

Comment

today was about 55 degrees and tomorrow looks good too.. Comon spring, no more snow !! Im ready to ride.

Comment

Just about that time to start racking up the miles!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by freight dog
                          Spent all afternoon de-winterizing the bike. Changed oil, fresh gas with Techron, replaced the carb drain plugs, cleaned and oiled the chain, changed brake fluid after installing the speed bleeders, took the battery off the charger and dropped it back in, and washed her up good. I let the prime flow for about 15 seconds, full choke and she fired up in 2 revolutions! It doesn't usually start that easy after only a few days, let alone 3 1/2 months! How freaking cool is that? I let it warm up good, and just drove down to the corner gas station to top off the air in the tires. Didn't want to risk getting caught because I let the tags expire. Tomorrow, off to the DMV.

She is running like a top. Life is good.
                          great work jim... now you can do my bike!

i plan on checking the tire pressure, oiling my chain, and riding to the gas station for some premium to mix into my nice old 1/4 tank of regular & stabil. if i do anything more than that i'm losing valuable "first ride" time.

if it's nice this weekend and you hit the road... call me and we'll meet up somewhere.
                          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Its gonna be 65 tomorrow in NY, thats just a tease though we still have the g@ddm salt and sand on the roads,,,,F@@@@@CK!Makes for a slippery ride.

Comment

Saturday is supposed to be a decent day Sam. I am definitely going out for a little while. Depending on my timetable, I'll call ya.

I went out again today and put about 30 miles in. It was a little cold (about 50), and I was nervous about cold tires, cold road so I took it easy (mostly). Man it feels good to get out again!

Snow again early next week, but it won't last long this time of year. At most, we should only have a couple unrideable days at a time until late April. Then I'll be out every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X