X

GSX600F - high revs - manometer readings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX600F - high revs - manometer readings

Hmm - head scratching time. Low mileage engine. Fully reconditioned carb set, all rubbers look ok, new intake seals, no obvious vacuum leaks. Anyone come across reading like this before??? Engine revs straight to 5000 rpm from start up. I have uprated from 31 to 33 mikunis and changed over air box and all intake/aircleaner rubbers.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ajssingle View Post
    Hmm - head scratching time. Low mileage engine. Fully reconditioned carb set, all rubbers look ok, new intake seals, no obvious vacuum leaks. Anyone come across reading like this before??? Engine revs straight to 5000 rpm from start up. I have uprated from 31 to 33 mikunis and changed over air box and all intake/aircleaner rubbers.

Yes, out of sync carbs can cause the rpms to stay artificially high. Even at higher rpms, balance out the carbs some based upon those readings, and when they get more even, try adjusting the idle down.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X