No announcement yet.
X

Am I overdue for a crash?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not had a crash since 1989, guess I am long over due for a crash.
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

a crash is in the back of all bikers minds..

my latest was sunday... i looped a wheelie oops

felt like i was on a slippin slide didn't hurt thanks to protective gear. just be carefull..

on the plus side.. most riders don't go down due to playing with the radio doing there makeup and hair talking on the cellphone or yelling at the kids..

usually its cause of a cage that is doing that or pushing there bikes to the limits or doing something there bike isn't ment to do (that's me) but you take that risk when you do that...
      Woody
      http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
      http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

You could always crash on purpose.... or lend your bike to Jason

JUST KIDDING!!!!

I have only had 1 topple over so far, slow speed drop. I just try to mind my surroundings, and respect the bike knowing that at any second, something could happen.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thank you guys for the responses.
          The main reason that made me worry is that I had a talk with my inssurance agent, she is a rider as well, and I was discussing my inssurance rate, and she told me that it is high because 95% of new riders crash in the first 3 month of riding.....?!

CP. You are partially right. I know I need new tires soon. The bike is still in its original tires and 5600 miles. I measured the depth of thread and it exceeds the minimum depth required. I am planning to get new tires in early this summer. Any opinions about Strada or Z6?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE1000
            I am planning to get new tires in early this summer. Any opinions about Strada or Z6?
            Do a search and you will find plenty of opinions. I have Stradas and I like them. The Strads and Z6 are just about the same tire.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE1000
              CP. You are partially right. I know I need new tires soon. The bike is still in its original tires and 5600 miles. I measured the depth of thread and it exceeds the minimum depth required. I am planning to get new tires in early this summer. Any opinions about Strada or Z6?
              I'm a Z6 man.
              I think the Stradas are the same basic tire (in part, because Metzeler builds Pirelli's motorcycle tires for them). The only two questions I've always had about the Stradas is how deep is the tread by comparison between the two of them (i.e. - useful tire life -- if one is 1mm deeper than the other, it would probably be good for an extra 1k miles), and the fact that in photos, the Z6 appears to have a steeper arc-face (implying it should be a little more nimble in turning). The tread patterns certainly look virtually identical (minor variations on the same theme) and I would expect the compounds to be either identical or very near-identical.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I havnt crashed yet,knock on wood Ive been riding on road bikes for 20+- years..Now crashing on a dirtbike is another story.By the way does a 0mph drop count? HaHa...

Comment

Working...
                X