X

Crashed my bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashed my bike

So I'm taking a ride today in the Hyde park area and I decide to head down towards poughkeepsie. I for some dumb reason take route 9 (if you don't know it's one of the most dangerous roads around here) and get caught up in traffic all the way to a light further down about 8 miles. I turn around and head north going through the area where the post road plaza and stuff is. I notice a mustang behind me riding me really close so I start to speed up a little bit to get ahead of traffic and change lanes. Big mistake because the mustang just kept getting closer I then decided to change over into the right hand lane then due to how close he was. Right after I change lanes about 100 feet in front of me comes a pickup truck and an ederly guy driving. He doesn't yeild, or stop or anything and since I'm doing 45 mph next thing I see is his tailgate coming really fast so I panick and slam on my rear brake like a frickin idiot and the rear tire goes out of align with the front and I have to swerve into the side walk to avoid his truck as well. So when I let off the brake I kind of high side because of the mis alighnment then fall and skid along the side walk. Thankfully I kicked the bike away from me and rolled with the impact so I've just got a few bruises and some road rash but I am lucky that with jeans and a jacket I didn't get messed up really bad. Unfortionately I'm gonna need a new mirror, new directional, new farings on the left side, a new rear brake lever and the cover for the stator cracked sending oil all over the road near the curb. So the guy in the mustang of course is gone. I have some nice people stop and help get it out of the road and the older guy who pulled out in front of me did help but kept seeming very guilty from what I remember. Unfortunately he just up and left and I had no way of getting a description or plate number or anything and the guys who helped me had to get out of traffic and I just told them to go because at that point it was worthless to call the police. It was my word against nothing. I was so stupid for not having my phone with me. And due to being in shock after that happened It didn't kick in to get the pickups info until, it was to late so this is a really screwed up lesson to learn. Then on top of all of this my damn helmet goes missing while I'm loading my bike onto a uhaul trailer because I left it by the sidewalk not thinking and well this IS poughkeepsie ny after all.
    Last edited by James750; 09-26-2014, 09:50 PM.

That sucks man, at least you walked away.

Comment

Wow that's just a shit day you had .
      but like Arsenic said at least you walked away & your bike can be fixed up.

Comment

Yeah thanks guys. I'm definitely glad I walked away. I'll post pics of the repair progress

Comment

Good you made it relatively unscathed, bike can be repaired.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yeah only thing is finding plastics but I'm sure I'll get them at least its almost the end of the riding seasons and not like June. Got to say route 9'is going to be avoided from now on if I can.

Comment

Glad your ok. Still sucks though.

Comment

Glad you are ok. For next time just slow up and let the mustang go around you. No need to push it in a congested area. As for the bike now you can repaint it a different color if had that idea going.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Always scan 3-4 vehicles ahead of you every few seconds..

Comment

Glad you got to walk away from that my friend
                    J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

Working...
                    X