X

If I had a dollar..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I had a dollar..

For everytime I've heard "can-o-tuna" I'd have a lot of dollars. Easiest bike to pick up but the hardest to sell. You'd think a nice low milage, well maintained bike with lots of good mods would be desirable. Its like it has highly infectious chlamydia smeared on the seat. To hell with it, I'll keep it before I sell it to some undeserving asshat. Rant complete.

The young types want a ss bike on the cheap, the Kat is a last resort to look badass.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Haha i'm too old to care about cool!

Comment

oil cooled, 4 carbs and a tail light that resembles a baboons butt .. ain't nobody got time for dat sh*t .. at least they say.

I'm not selling yet, just scrutinize from time to time .. no way at my neck of the woods either.

Comment

I prefer the carbed bikes but, I'm on the deranged side of life.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I would rather have a carbureted engine as opposed to an injected one. "Re-mapping" the fuel system is usually cheaper with a carburetor, but more labor intensive with jets and adjustments. Installing a computer is a lot easier, but lacks that personal touch of fine tuning for your particular application.

Comment

Can't argue with that, I just reproduced what I hear from other riders, or riders wanna beez :P when I ask them if they would consider buying a bike like mine.

Comment

I was looking for an SS when I got my Kat. It's my first bike and I thought I'd sell it after a couple months... Now I think I'd rather ride the wheels off of her. She's one sweet ride for being older than I am!

To hell with the philistines that turn up their noses, the Kats are great rides and even my 1990 600 has plenty of power.

Comment

I use to hear those remarks on Sunday morning rides when I would show up. Later on, they turned to "Holy crap that bike is fast!"..... Learning how to actually ride makes a world of difference.

Those comments all but dissapeared. I could care less anyways.
                  Ron
                  MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk View Post
                    I use to hear those remarks on Sunday morning rides when I would show up. Later on, they turned to "Holy crap that bike is fast!"..... Learning how to actually ride makes a world of difference.

Those comments all but dissapeared. I could care less anyways.
                    So true Ron, So True.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

As far as selling I have to agree that the bike has a bad reputation. I was one of the Can-O-Tuna guys.
                      I actually tried to pick up a V-strom but did not qualify for the loan ( go figure with everything in my name and trying to leave the wife out of it).
                      A week later I see this Katana and actually liked how it looked. Took it out for a ride and was impressed and did not have to get a loan since she was between $1600 and $1700.
                      I have only seen a couple around 1 was trashed and being ridden around a bad part of town and the other was trashed and laying on its side in the back of a pickup. I have received a lot of comments on what a nice bike it is and people are shocked when they find out that it is 16 years old. I know they are not bike riders but it still feels good.
                      One of the great things about this forum is that most people here understand the simplicity of this machine and are similar mind sets of just enjoy it.
                      When you think of it, you may not have a dollar for every... but you have probably saved more than that. I look at all the newer bikes that guys are riding around for $10,000 to $23,000. Were out doing the same thing and spent a lot less and most don't need to pay a mechanic to maintain it.

Comment

Working...
                      X