X

My Bike was stolen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bike was stolen

My Bike was stolen, and wrecked within 200 ft of my house. I'm lucky I got it back but I just had it painted and did not even have the last 2 pieces back on. Now it's all busted and scratched. It was under a new cover in my driveway, by my front porch not 25 ft from where I sleep and the dog never barked. Forks were not locked so they rolled it through the side yard.
    Looks like they tried to pull start it with a tow rope and wrecked the bike in the ditch going 30 mph + at least. Bike flipped on impact.
    Can you bump start this bike without a key?
    What do you think of the Xena xx14 lock vs something wired into bike?
    Of course no insurance. If you get a new cover get a cable lock.
    Attached Files
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!

Better yet, lock your forks. Or use a rotor lock. Tough break.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Sounds like local punk kids because kats dont have a super resale in the parts department of CL .
      Probably just a joyride act .
      Knowing they got away with this stunt im sure they are still trolling close by .

Comment

Owie, sorry to hear that.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I just bought a Xena XX6SS for my bike.
          2014 Ducati Monster 1200
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles

Comment

good you got it back...ive had 2 freinds get their bikes stolen this year..

i park mine in my downstairs apartment for security.

otherwise i use a 15mm thick cable with no pickable lock...leave it in gear and lock steering...i plan on a disc lock in the future

Comment

Tip from the outlands, put your disk lock on the rear disk. Much hader to work off and when combined with the front forks being locked makes the bike impossible to roll away. Typically theives just lift the front tire and roll it away on the rear one but if both wheels are locked they would have to literally lift the whole bike up and carry it.

Comment

Great tip Expvet, I'm away to move mine from front disc to rear, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by expvet View Post
                    Tip from the outlands, put your disk lock on the rear disk. Much hader to work off and when combined with the front forks being locked makes the bike impossible to roll away. Typically theives just lift the front tire and roll it away on the rear one but if both wheels are locked they would have to literally lift the whole bike up and carry it.
                    Thanks for the input. That makes since and that is what I will do.
                    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Working...
                    X