X

Trouble finding neutral

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble finding neutral

Just bought a 94 600. I took it for a test run and very thing went well but I had trouble finding neutral when i got back. The seller got it into neutral for me. I hopped on again and gave it a second try , still no luck . Again the owner hopped on and got it into neutral so I thought if he could do it I would learn how. That Said i'm not new to riding (over 30 years in the saddle)
    I pick the bike up next week and hope I hav'nt made a bad call.
    Any thoughts?

Clutch might be slightly out of adjustment.
    A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
    mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

It sounds like you're having issues finding neutral when the bike is stationary correct? I'm not an expert but finding neutral while moving vs standing still might have different causes.
    From what I do know, aside from a clutch adjustment, cable could need lubing, could need replacing, clutch plate springs could be worn out, or you just might be used to something different and need to get accustomed to it.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

it took me what seemed like forever getting used to stopping in nuetral going up or down.
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

yeah, I'm no good at it.

I don't have a neutral light, but it's not like that helps me get the bike into neutral - it just tells me when I finally do...

I actually find it easier to get into neutral while rolling to a stop than it is to find it once stopped. Generally not a big deal ...unless you're at a toll booth!
        -Chris
        **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

Working...
        X