wrecked my bike yesterday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah had all my gear on wouldn't ride without it

Comment

Damn. Everyone always talks about going down cuz of other people/cagers... but I haven't worried about oil or any road conditions lately. Definitely need to keep that in mind..

Comment

Originally posted by michael Douglas View Post
        Everyone always talks about going down cuz of other people/cagers...
        What's the deal with that anyways?

I'm a long time road cyclist (bicycle), and people are VERY careful around me when I'm on my bicycles. Cars get well out of the way, everyone waves me by, etc. On the motorcycle it seems like people are actively trying to run me down (and I haven't even left my local neighborhood yet)!

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE View Post
          On the motorcycle it seems like people are actively trying to run me down (and I haven't even left my local neighborhood yet)!
          Then you have bad neighbours

Jokes aside, I kinda have the same experience.
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE View Post

I'm a long time road cyclist (bicycle), and people are VERY careful around me when I'm on my bicycles. Cars get well out of the way, everyone waves me by, etc. On the motorcycle it seems like people are actively trying to run me down (and I haven't even left my local neighborhood yet)!
            Very true! Probably because bicycles aren't really in the road in the way that bikes are. Bikes are on highways. Bikes are mixed in with traffic. Bikers (some of them) do a-hole things. Bicycles tend to ride much slower and don't flow/mix with traffic. They tend to ride on the side of the road.

They just stand out much more easily.
            Extra life.

Comment

I'm glad that you are okay. Last time I worried about oil on the road, it turned out to be a 700+ lb feral hog, but that's another story. It did hit me.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Wow man I have heard of people hitting some weird stuff but thats the first time I heard of it being a hog.I bet that did some damage.I got the mechanical damage fixed on the bike and have just been riding it naked.(the bike not me)

Comment

Working...
                X