X

Need Help in GA with 98+ 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help in GA with 98+ 600

I'm going out on a limb here and reaching out to people here at Katriders. I just came back from overseas and before I did, I tried to put Stabil in the tank to keep from having to rebuild my carbs(again). I just got the bike from the shop after paying a hefty 6-700 bucks a week earlier. So I did my tour for 8 months and now, I'm back but the poor Kat isnt running right. I pulled her out of storage to a bone dry fuel tank and dead battery. Any way, long story short she runs fine on choke, and wont run off of choke unless i keep the throttle at about 2k. I'd like to learn how to clean the carbs, and even read through the tutorial a few times, but it just looks TOO complicated. I have all the tools(I'm a helicopter mech) but there is just too little margin for error. If there is anyone around metro Atlanta that could help me along for a day and guide me through this cleaning process I would really really appreciate it. I will supply everything necessary and any other amenities required. Thanks for reading through all that

wait you repair helicopters amd think carbs are complicated? I'm guessing you've never tore any apart, if you mehcanically inclined and can read you'll have no problem with them just follow carbs 101 and 102, if they were rebuilt (for $700 they damn better be) you should just have to take them all apart take out the rubber and plastic and soak anything metal in carb dip overnight, run some fishing string through the ports rinse with carb cleaner then blow clean, assuming your a decent mech you should have no problem with remebering ohw they came apart, put them together bench sync, then sync on the bike
    Last edited by blitz2190; 08-28-2013, 01:39 PM.
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Comment

Well the funny thing is, I actually did attempt to take them apart once. I got everything all off of the bike. Took off the black rubber parts and then I got to the part of the instructions where it said "drill this" and "sync that" and I figured I was in over my head.

Comment

Carbs are simple things really. A fuel supply, some venturi's and a gatekeeper. If you can keep a rotary up in the air, I'm sure you'll have no problem with these!

There's lots of very knowledgeable people on here, and they'll help out as best they can. I'll just sit back and have a beer for you and hope it works

Comment

Originally posted by XelSS View Post
          Well the funny thing is, I actually did attempt to take them apart once. I got everything all off of the bike. Took off the black rubber parts and then I got to the part of the instructions where it said "drill this" and "sync that" and I figured I was in over my head.
          Drill? its a simple as take apart soak rinse dry assemble sync
          never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
          Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
          confused katana build

Comment

Ok, maybe I'm just afraid of small pieces, because with the things I work on the smallest mechanical parts are the size of your hand. Also, on page 12 of the instructions it talks about getting a dremel and drilling out parts of the carb. But honestly, maybe I'm looking at it wrong because from page 13 on up it gets pretty intensive. Definitely not something I'd hand to an amateur, and certainly not what I would classify as this "simple job" I keep reading over and over haha.

Comment

So I went back and looked at the 102 video. IDK why, but its easier to see that way. For the problem I have I can just stop at the part where he pulls out the jets and clean those, right? A "light cleaning" as he put it. If thats the case, it appears that I was 7/8 of the way there last time I pulled them off.

Comment

If you run into problems,you can always bring them and/or the bike up here for the day. We are 3-4 hours from Atlanta, but it's still cheaper than a $700 chop bill. I'm sure Kreylyn would be happy to show you how to clean and how to sync your carbs. He'll probably feed ya too.
                Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X