X

ugggh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugggh

Well I brought my eat in to have a tire put on bad turns out I got bad rear wheel bearings and it's. Time for new pads too .I guess I shouldnt complain this this and a oil change Is all this I've had to do .just had spendind money.I really need to learn how. To do this all myself.Does 330 sound reasonable for a rear tire (michalin road pilot 160/60 z17) and bearings rear pads and bearings labor?

Do the brakes your self, its super easy. Here is the link for the full service manual: http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5...Service_Manual

The tire and berrings you're probably better off having the shop do, IMO.

Also, slow down a little bit when you type a post. People on forums are quick to bash someone with poor grammar. You will get a lot more help if you take your time and form proper sentances.
    - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Yeah I was using my phone .I hate auto correct.Thanks bro

Comment

My phone does that, too. The trick is to read what you've typed before posting.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Considering the tire itself costs ~150 and the pads are probably ~30 or 40, and ~10 for each bearing, 330 for parts and labor doesn't seem bad to me at all.
          I'd still rather do it myself personally, but to each their own
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

brakes = easy to do, wheel bearings = easy to do. good pricing on tire. $330 isn't bad for all three items, in fact it sounds a little low for a shop. unless he's only going to change the pads, only going to replace the bad bearing, not the entire set. If they are going to change the pads and fluid, the wheel bearing set, mount and balance + tire, I see no labor cost in it, the tire, mount and balance $200, $130 for the rest...? get that in writing and expect more charges.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yeah I already got it in writing and he says that's for the whole set of bearings and fluids as well.I figure when I go to pick it up they'll be more added on.I would love to research it and do this myself but between school 4 nights a week and a full time job and homework I just don't have time.

Comment

Full time job and school is a rough combination. I dropped out of college (way back when) mostly because of that. Thought I'd work for a year and go back but had trouble finding a good job so I joined the AF (planning on doing 4 years) and ended up sticking around for 24 years. Now I've got most of my degree behind me and the GI Bill to pay for the rest plus I had a great time in the AF so it's all good but I can definitely see how you'd want to pay someone else to work on your bike right now.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Yeah I'm only one semester in so got the awhile left on but if I keep at this pace I'll have an associates in industrial technology by next summer and a few more classes will give me one in automated manufacturing .As long as I don't have a nervous breakdown It'll be worth it.I kindof want to take next summer off so I can go to next years rally.You guys do have one every year right?

Comment

Every year. I haven't made it to one yet but it's definitely on my list. I'd definitely recommend taking a summer off at least every couple of years. If nothing else it'll give you a chance to breath for a bit before diving back in. You'll be fresher and sharper afterwards.

Don't stop at your Associates. Go for the Bachelor's degree. I've picked up two AAS's and all the interviewers want to know is how far away from my BS I am. That BS is going to be worth some money when I finish it.
                    Last edited by Wild-Bill; 07-27-2013, 10:42 PM.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Yeah thats what I'm thinking it's worth the extra pay plus I'm getting a free ride all the way to a bachelors if I want .It would be stupid not to go to for it since it won't cost me a dime.

Yeah I'm getting a free ride all the way to bachelors if I want.So it would be stupid not to go for it .plus the extra pay you get for having the bachelors is worth it .
                      Last edited by daddyman0508; 07-27-2013, 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

How'd you manage the free ride? That's awesome!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Got a federal pell grant they will pay all the way to your first bachelors .They paid for my sister's Associates and now she's started on her bachelors and it's all paid .book's, tuition the whole shebang.

I even had a grand left over that I got to keep this semester.
                          Last edited by daddyman0508; 07-28-2013, 12:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Funny thing about Pell Grants. My wife qualifies but I don't. It's one heck of a nice program, though.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

finally got my bike out of the shop today .man have I missed it

Comment

Working...
                              X