X

Helmet headphones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet headphones

I usually ride my bike on the freeway and I use my iPhone earphones but they always fall out whn I put on my helmet. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on what they use. Thanks.

I have a Bluetooth headset installed in my helmet, works great for GPS, phone and radio from my windows phone and rider to rider comunication
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I use either my Samsung head phones or my klipsch head phones and I do not have a problem till I take my helmet off
      2002 750 Kat
      2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
      1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
      2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

never have an issue with iphone buds til i take my helmet off as well

Comment

There's a number of helmet intercom setups for sale. I'd highly suggest one with bluetooth so you don't have to mess with wires although if you've got the self-discipline to deal with a wired setup, you can't beat the quality of sound.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Had the same issue with my iPhone earbuds, took me 2 or 3 tries everytime I put my helmet on they'd keep falling off. Plus it was complicated forwarding or rewinding a song etc. I pulled the trigger on a Sena SMH10 (bluetooth). I ordered it from a site called Rocket Moto (real cool peeps with great customer service). I bought a dual pack, so I can talk to my girl when she's on the back of the bike. I can easilly turn volume up down, scroll threw my play list with the jog dial on the side of my helmet and I can make or receive calls too. They come with pretty good helmet speakers that stay inside your helmet, so its not "in" your ear so you can hear your music loud and clear and hear someone honk at the same time. I personally love to hear my music with some bass so I also ordered an upgrade to the Tork x-Pro speakers, they installed it for me at Rocket moto free of charge (it required a bit of welding).

Oh, I forget, I can talk to Siri on my Iphone 4S now too. So I can pretty much do watever I want on my phone without ever having to touch it.

Last edited by BwamSolid; 06-25-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I had the same problem, until i found a set ear buds that rap around the ear and hold the bud in place. I think I paid $10.00 or $15.00....

Comment

I use a skull cap that is pulled down halfway over my ears. The elastic band holds the earbuds in place while putting my helmet on, during the ride and most of the time while taking the helmet off. Its lightweight and helps wick moisture in this Texas heat.

Comment

Working...
                X