X

Lucas Chain lube?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas Chain lube?

I just saw a can of this at my local advance auto parts store. I went looking for plasti dip but came out with this and no plasti dip (that stuff is hard to find around here!).

Anyway just wondering if anyone has used it?

Says its good for oring and non oring chains, lubes fully through and leaves a invisable protective film against rust and wear.
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

I found it to be pure garbage, flings everywhere. It would be great for dirtbike and quad applications when you want something to keep dirt off the chain, because this stuff would take the dirt off when it comes flying off the chain...maybe I had a bad experience though, it was a demo can from work before it really hit the shelves in the marketplace around here...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

haha well that sucks. Shit is 8-9$ a can. I have issues using oil on the chain and I find myself cleaning the swingarm for the next 100 miles after I do it.
      1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
      fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
      55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
      R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
      Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Oily swing arm? Ok this won't help with the flinging oil part, but try this the next time you clean it. Get a normal white candle, dunk it in hot water until it softens, and gently rub it on the bits of your swinging arm that get gunkiest.

You are not looking to leave lumps or a thick, visible coating - just rub it on gently.

Next time you clean it, it will be incredibly easier to get the crud off.

Comment

Fluid film..so far its working

Comment

Belray super clean.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by loneraider View Post
              Fluid film..so far its working
              Great stuff
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I use it , messy as hell. I wipe down the chain real good after it sits for a few minutes. Still get lube all over.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                X