X

frame sliders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frame sliders

Where in the heck can I get some frame sliders for the good old Kat.... Do I need bike specific sliders or universal sliders.
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

looks like you have a post kat. there are two for you

or

Scr motorcycle specializes in custom, unique and hard to find products like katana frame sliders

and heres a comparison of the two (kinda, its really an install thread for trex ones)
    Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
    From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
    Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Comment

I used these on mine. Another fellow member suggested it and I'll be honest with you, I am glad I did. it saved my bike fairings once already. Now to install them, you will need to drill through the chassis and get a washer and nut for the back, also shave the frame sliders to go flush agains the chassis.

See the bottom of this thread, how he installed them. Good luck

Last edited by suzuki99; 06-13-2013, 07:41 PM.

Comment

They're cheaper from their website than that link on eBay. I'm looking to buy a pair my self. I'm on my phone but I'll find the link in a minute. Its on my work computer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Here is the link I guess its only $10 less and I haven't actually calculated the shipping yet.

Last edited by rottenpixies; 06-13-2013, 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Originally posted by rottenpixies View Post
          They're cheaper from their website than that link on eBay. I'm looking to buy a pair my self. I'm on my phone but I'll find the link in a minute. Its on my work computer.

Here is the link I guess its only $10 less and I haven't actually calculated the shipping yet.

+100! I own the T-rex series Frame Sliders and they can be put on without drilling through your frame (very bad idea). They look wonderful and they stick out enough that if the bike does go down, your fairings will still be in reliable condition. They are MAGNIFICENT and incredibly easy to install!
          2006 Suzuki GSXF-750 Katana

"If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything"

Comment

Thanks sage! That is what I wanted to hear so I can no order a pair tonight.

- Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

The pics on trex's website are from deceased member JayBells bike.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Well damn that's kind of scary. That will keep me in check

I just ordered a pair from the link I posted. Now I just need to find the best exhaust and then get my side fairings painted and I'll be very proud. Also doing mesh mod.
                Last edited by rottenpixies; 06-13-2013, 08:18 PM.
                - Josh

Comment

T-Rex for sure they worked on my bike!

Comment

Yea I placed my order for the trex just now. Really didn't want to drill into the frame.

- Josh

Comment

Damn no one has any for the pre?
                      1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                      fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                      55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                      R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                      Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

When I bought my 03 Kat the prior owner had already drilled holes in the frame for sliders. I have since then used them for a universal set. Did use some large washers to help "spread" the stress of impact (hasn't happened yet), however I've spoken to a number of machanics and guys that make stunt bikes(I don't) and they all said that the amount of stress needed to damage the frame via these holes for sliders would have already destroyed the bike. So in their opinions the subject is moot.

Comment

Working...
                        X