Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ever get hit with anything while out riding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever get hit with anything while out riding?

We've all gotten smacked with the occasional stones that get kicked up from the cagers and big trucks that get you right in the face shield and scare you half outta your mind for a second...did you ever get hit with anything or by anything ? The occasional bird, bat, debris from a truck in front of you?

I've heard many stories from friends of how they were following a car or truck and debris would fly back at them, especially from flat bed trailors and dump trucks.

Buddy of mine got hit by a pheasant once, caught him right in the chest!! He said the thing just flew outta nowhere and ran into him! Fortunately he was able to save it, and not wreck, but it did leave a nice mark on his leathers and scared the wits outta him!

how about a wasp right in the neck last year
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Bee flew into my helmet, I was riding through town so I had the visor open. Didn't wreck, but things got hairy for a minute
      "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
      -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
      -DMX

Comment

How about a frozen turkey!?
        Cost me a tire AND front wheel. Shot out from my bike and hit Linda! Tore her fairing off at one mount. We're both luck we didn't go down!

Comment

When I had my CBR I was out riding one day and doing about 100mph( back country road could see for about 5 miles straight stretch) anyway this bir came out of now where and hit me on my right shoulder. Everyone behind me said feathers just went eveywhere. They still laugh about it to this day and this was back in 94. I had ran over a dog before that did alot of damage to my bike $3700.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Just bugs and pebbles, here..but a buddy of mine came around a corner and there was a buzzard eating road kill. The bird took flight but still caught my friend in the chest.

Where's Batgirl...she had an encounter with a homeless guy once...
            You got it.
            Get on it.

www.georgiasportbike.com

Comment

this year...first year riding....how about 1000's of Cicadas?

www.vwvortex.com
              I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
              Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

i got a june bug right on my sun glasses good thing htey were the $150 bole` ...saved me and me eye

Comment

Originally posted by DJHowie
                  this year...first year riding....how about 1000's of Cicadas?
                  WOW now that has to suck. I have gotten hit by a bat before and not a pretty thing to do. Jared my head a bit. LOL
                  Dave
                  2000 GSXR 750

www.twowheelforum.com click on it...you know you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson
                    Cost me a tire AND front wheel. Shot out from my bike and hit Linda! Tore her fairing off at one mount. We're both luck we didn't go down!
                    Uhhh Dennis, a little more info on this por favor.
                    Darrel
                    '04 Honda F4i

Comment

I hit a crow once, luckily it was on my 175 Yanaha enduro so I was only tooling along at about 50km/h. My buddy got hit in the helmet by part of a steel belt from a truck tire.

Other than that the usual bugs and rocks, and the odd cigarette butt.
                      Kyle

Comment

Cig's, sand right after winter, bee down my shirt, big azz bug (June bug maybe), and the chick sitting behind me when I told her her bra was digging into my back!
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Normal debris stuff, cigarette came flying at me once and I moved my head just in time. It was all in slo mo, like the Matrix
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by slowflyn
                            Originally posted by Dennis Wilson
                            Uhhh Dennis, a little more info on this por favor.
                            We were almost out of Ortega, stuck in a pack of cars, and I may have been following a wee bit too close. When all of a sudden I see this white blob shooting out from underneith the car in front of me. Weight on the pegs, butt back arms tight I hit it/went over it with the front wheel. It shot out, spinning, to the left and back, spinning into my wife. It missed her front tire hitting her about the left peg, but still slightly under her sending her into the tank. Luckily it shot out to the side. I hate to think what would have happened to her if it would have gone under her wedging into the rear wheel.... We pulled over to check the damage, originally thinking it wasn't much....SURPRISE!

Comment

A couple of rocks off my right fairing !!!
                              RIDING GIVES ME THE EXPERIENCE OF FEELING FREE !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X