X

Wheelie on Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelie on Katana?

I have an 02 Katana 600 which I bought as my first bike two years ago. We have been over 21K miles together. I eventually would like to learn to wheelie and was wondering if you guys thought I should wait until I get a more powerful/ lighter bike that will pull it up from just accelerating hard or entertain the idea of learning how to clutch it up on the Katana. By the way, I am a safe rider, wear full gear, and have been this far without having a get off, however I do enjoy riding fast when the circumstances permit and want to advance my riding skills all around.

100% recommend you get another bike first.

Comment

Katanas are heavy and will blow out fork seals. save your stunts for the track.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

First of all I agree you should look at picking a lighter bike and something u don't mind messing up. u can pick up salvaged bikes for cheap. With that being said I know a guy that has a streetfightered '99 600cc Kat that he's been stunting on for a couple of years. He's only blown the fork seals once. doesn't mean it wont happen to you but he didn't have too many issues. Lastly, Kat Toy, I think you meant to say, "Save you shenanigans for off the street and in a control 'safe' environment, i.e. empty lot", becuz tracks are for racing, not stunting...

Comment

What you need to do is follow these easy 5 steps:

Pull in clutch
          Drop it into first
          Rip throttle
          Bounce of rev limiter
          Dump clutch
          Enjoy...

I hold no responsibility if you kill yourself or your bike. This is only for entertainment purposes only. If you actually do, do this, God help you.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I was able to lift the front wheel on my Kat 600 in 2nd and 3rd from a roll and at 90+mph yesterday. Of course this is with 9-12psi of boost but that shit is crazy. I'm not a fan of wheelies and didn't like what it felt like at speed to have little to no steering lol. A dirt bike sure but a 500lb Kat or any
            Motorcycle is just a nono

If u want a wheelie in ur Kat, u could aways swap in a B12. I heard the tq between 3500-6k is unreal and will yank the front up pretty easily. They make more tq down low than any of the Kat motors due at ok tq
            Last edited by 91_gsx600F katana; 06-16-2013, 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
            fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
            55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
            R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
            Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

wheelie a kat, . there is a utube video of a guy doing a wheelie on a kat but, it's like doing a wheelie in a tank, It is a turing bike after all.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

My new to me 05 600 power wheelies in 1st. Gotta clutch it after that though. When you set it down, do it with light throttle input. It'll save the forks and your jewels.

Comment

buy a dirt bike
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                    buy a dirt bike
                    FTW!
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Buy one of these. I still kick myself for selling it.

Comment

got a few vids up of my Kat up on the back wheel, anyone who rides with me knows your going to see me do it pretty much anytime any day.

its not as easy as a GSXR 600 or a liter bike and to get up to any height you need to clutch it up. Lets make one thing clear, bottoming out forks will not and CAN NOT blow fork seals.
                        why would they make a sock or fork that cant be bottomed out without blowing a seal.?
                        its a MYTH!

TIRES play a huge role, most sport touring tire compounds are hard and will spin out before hooking up enough to loft the front. I run sport or hyper sport tires and lower pressures 36-38 rear
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                        X