Advice on low mileage bikes for purchase

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on low mileage bikes for purchase

Hi All,

I am new to the forum, I'm 56 and looking for a fun sport type bike to have some fun with. I rode a 01 750 kat about 10 years ago and quite liked it, but went another direction...
    Been looking for a clean stock 750 but no luck yet, all are either "rebuild' status or some feature that bothers me.
    Anyways, There are some low mileage post 98 Kat 600's on craigslist here, one is a nice red 98 with only 10,000 kms on the clock. What are the issues with this? I have read about carbs perhaps need cleaning, any other things I should check for ?
    Probably has orig tires, which will probably need replacing due to age.

Cheers!

When I see a bike with low milage, I automatically assume that it wasn't riden properly and maintained well. I feel like bikes that are more well riden and broken into, are more likely to function normally. Low milage bikes are definitely going to be hard to find though, especially if its a couple yeras old.

Comment

Welcome to KR .

For an older bike with low miles make sure to look at...
      Brakes
      Brake lines
      Tires
      Fork seals and oil
      brake fluid
      might as well do a valve adjustment/inspection while your at it

Now all that said, if your in Vancouver don't be afraid to look south of the border for a Kat. Back in 2009 I imported a 2006 VFR800 from Virginia, easy process and saved a decent amount of money. In fact I just went on kijiji and found my year of bike selling for what I paid for mine 4 years ago.
      Kyle

Comment

Working...
      X