X

Post-Kat Third Front Light?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Kat Third Front Light?

Just a quick question regarding the third top light on the front of the post-Kats.

When does it come on? And when does it stay on? I haven't had the time to fully figure it out, but it seems that if the kickstand is down and the bike is in neutral and I start the bike, the headlights don't turn on, but the 3rd light does? I can't seem to get the bike to do this reliably though (or I am inconsistent with it, I'm not sure)

Also, when the bike is moving, the headlights are obviously on, but is the 3rd light on as well at that time?

If somebody could quickly enlighten me in regards to when the headlights turn on and when the 4rd light turns on, that'd be very helpful- thanks!

My headlight and my third eye turn on anytime the key is on on my 99....no matter what configuration of kickstand or whatever they turn on...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monolith View Post
      My headlight and my third eye turn on anytime the key is on on my 99....no matter what configuration of kickstand or whatever they turn on...
      Same story with my 02

Comment

hmmm....okay, cool. Thanks for the info. I'm going to go experiment some more in the next couple of days. I just got a new ignition switch to install, so I can finally reliably know where my key is in and what position, etc.

thanks!

Comment

If power is on, the 3rd eye is on. This included in the "on" position, and in the "park" key position.

Park is one click further when you depress and lock the steering.

On some model Kats, the wiring has a built in component to reduce draw on the battery when the bike is being started. My understanding is this only turns out the headlights when the starter button is pressed. I have not been able to narrow down if this is specific country models only, but I believe it's 04+ year models that also have the emergency lights (not 100% confirmed).

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Why doesn't mine turn on?

Comment

Originally posted by Davetouy View Post
              Why doesn't mine turn on?

If your 3rd eye isn't on when the key is on, check the bulb, check the power lead connection under the windsheild, check the light harness where it plugs into the main harness.....

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

cool, thanks for the additional info!

Comment

What is the purpose of the 3rd eye? It kinda creeps me out a little on my '06...

Comment

its a parking light, nothing more

however on my bike its and alarm scanner that just looks cool going back and forth

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgDB5oYbTcY"]VHT nightshades - YouTube[/ame]
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                      its a parking light, nothing more

however on my bike its and alarm scanner that just looks cool going back and forth

VHT nightshades - YouTube
                      Would that make your bike a KITT-Kat?

Comment

Working...
                      X