X

Back from the Dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the Dead

So there I was last weekend, cleaning my garage after the winter, and in the corner I found this long neglected Katana. In the process of cleaning, I had to roll it out in the sunshine and spray off the dust. The memories of the build came flooding back and I had the itch to ride it, though the tags have been expired for half a decade and the battery won't power a single led bulb.

So I stumbled my way back to KR and found my login still works and that there are a dozen unread private messages in my inbox. Found that many things have changed and many haven't. Found that many of you are still here and some have moved on.

So here I am, just saying hello and that I haven't completely forgotten this place, though its been a long time since I stopped by. Even though I haven't ridden her in several years, my KOTY 2008 bike is still with me - and still in need of being finished. Not sure why, but through all the hell of the last couple years I just couldn't stomach the thought of selling her. So in my shop she sits, waiting for me to get interested in her again.

That day may be coming soon. My '74 Jeep CJ-5 has been my main source of weekend garage entertainment, and Jeeping season is upon us once again. Though if this summer is anything like last summer in Colorado was, we'll be running from fires again and I may need to find a new (or old) hobby that doesn't involve the National Forests.

At any rate - just a hello and a heartfelt "I'm sorry" to all those who wrote asking questions about my Kat who only received silence in reply. I have not fallen off the planet (yet) and may once again be modding our favorite two-wheel conveyance in the near future.

Joe
    If it ain't zip tied, it ain't modified.

sigpic

Welcome back
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

nice bike! But why in the world would you leave it sit for so long?! lol
      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Welcome back Joe..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

You've motivated me to go clean my garage. Maybe I'll get lucky and find something in there!
          My Bikes/Current: 1989 Suzuki Katana 750, 1980 Honda CB900C, 1973 Suzuki TS100, 2007 Yamaha Vino. Former: 1981 Honda CB650, 1982 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim, 2001 Yamaha V-Star, 1980 Yamaha 400, 19?? Suzuki Madura, 1974 Triumph T140E.

Comment

Working...
          X