No announcement yet.
X

STUNTER HATERS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't stop world hunger, you can't cause world peace, and your ramblings are not going to get people to stop stunting. People will do it regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by AkBigN
      You can't stop world hunger, you can't cause world peace, and your ramblings are not going to get people to stop stunting. People will do it regardless.
      I feed one child besides my own three. I bring peace wherever I'm able. And I try to discourage irresponsible riding whenever I'm able.

You're right, I can't have a big effect, but one guy can help a little.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        Originally posted by blkpitbull
        True, but to lean like we are talking about (country back roads, riding hard) You are most definately speeding! I believe there are laws against that also.
        At least in Florida, it's also illegal to have your arse hanging all the way off the seat. Thus, it might be... The point I was trying to make was why is it specifically illegal to do so (wheelies and arse-off turns)? Because someone got the legislature involved too much... how? By doing too much of this in the public eye. And thus I want to keep them from making more rules that will interfere with my riding.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

AH ha gotcha!!!
        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: STUNTER HATERS

that's why I skydive and bungee jump.

Like CP said with gear and right places there will be support. Most people object to bungee jumping with out the bungee and skydiving without a parachute. With the right stuff people will like it without people wont.
          Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

im new in the forums and pretty much a new rider but im not new in the world of motorcycles. my husband has been riding since he was 14 and we have been together for 11 years now-he has always owned a bike. i understand now that feeling he keeps talking about. but anyway back to the topic-i keep an open mind about stunt-riders. i do remember all the stories my husband talks about - like a pro stunter getting his foot caught in between the sprocket and chain of his bike while doiing a wheelie: ankle was barely dangling. or the bike rally he attended last year were there were about 300 bikes and one guy decided to pop one and lost control and runs right into an innocent biker and literally breaks this poor guys leg in half. or his actual coworker losing control at 85mph side saddle and actually almost dying from internal injuries. and the numerous tows my brother in law has towed in the last 10 yrs involving bike accidents. im 27 yrs old female married with 2 pre-teens i love riding my bike and i share this passion(love of riding) with my husband and i know the risk and temptations involved.

Comment

Re: STUNTER HATERS

Originally posted by JJ0712
              Like CP said with gear and right places there will be support. Most people object to bungee jumping with out the bungee and skydiving without a parachute. With the right stuff people will like it without people wont.
              Want to see parachuting restricted? All you need is to have the same number of jumpers jumping on any given day as we have bikers riding, and a couple dozen a day splatting into people's yards/roofs/houses/traffic around the nation... Guarantee the law-makers will get involved. There's a reason drop-zones are commonly used

Same thing applies here.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                there is always that knowledge that you are a stunter. it can mean the difference between, "sorry to hear that" and "oh well...".
                I'm sorry if I am less of a man in your eyes because of what I do on my bike.....
                well.....i have no idea how your "manhood" came into play by that comment, but now that you mention it....
                I don't know you....or what your personality is like. I am just going by what you post. you admitted to being an adreneline junkie. you like thrills. nothing wrong with that...it is your choice. but in a group, you could be a dangerous man. i saw a wreck after it happened, about 15 years ago......one guy pulled a wheelie at highway speed in front of the pack on the way back from laconia. he lost it and took most of the group out with him. a few died from that because of getting struck by the cages following them.

so i would never say you are a lesser man....but possibly a dangerous one. i don't care how good you think you are, shit can happen. we have all seen enough videos on here to know that a wheelie gone bad can spell disaster. so just as it is your choice to stunt, you have to accept the fact that some of us have the choice to consider you dangerous. it comes with the territory...so don't whine about it. come back here and make a post about how you wrecked your bike...well, i am not going to feel sorry for you. and if i am in a group ride that you are part of, i am going to be hanging way back and keeping my eye on you....cuz i won't trust you.

i am 41 yrs old.....and my riding buddies are mostly mature people as well. none of us stunt. sure, a little speed once in a while...maybe some playing in the twisties.....but that is not stunting. it is more of a "calculated risk". and for the record....i don't consider a wheelie as stunting. a wheelie is a wheelie...and it has been around as long as bikes themselves. it is the side-saddle shit....standing on the seat at 60mph+, and all those other nutcase stunts that can go horribly wrong....that is stunting. you won't find many mature, responsible adults doing that stuff on the street. that is usually limited to the biker-boyz wannebee's and the kiddy dreamers. you know....more guts than brains.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by bobs
                  I feed one child besides my own three. I bring peace wherever I'm able. And I try to discourage irresponsible riding whenever I'm able.

You're right, I can't have a big effect, but one guy can help a little.

I have to totally agree with CyberPoet and Bobs.

I love stunting. Can't do it but love to watch it. I just can't stomach it when it's done on the 405 in traffic or on any public street where other traffic is traveling. I've seen too many guys go down and either cause others to go down or other drivers to have accidents. Same with guys racing on public roads. There's a difference with riding aggressively within limits and racing each other up Ortega. No one is ever as good as they think they are. If you go down, hey it's a risk you take for doing what you do. There is inherent risks we take with riding bikes anyway. Just don't take anyone else out with you that aren't taking the same risks as you. And it's not personal. My bro-in-law stunts. He preaches the same thing.

My son is 15 and learning to ride. He's an active member of this board. I'm comfortable with him being here because of the maturity of the members and intelligent takes on various views. When he's on the road I don't want him, my girlfriend, her daughter or anyone else getting taken out by some guy showing off his skills on a public street.

Personal note: I forbid him from stunting or racing. Will he eventually yield to the temptation.... uh, prolly. We all have. But as long as he's a minor he lives by my rules. "I catch you stunting or racing... no bike till you're 20." Sorry, some things in life are a dictatorship not a democracy. But he understands the value of gear and the risks involved. When he becomes an adult hopefully the rules I put down stick with him and should he choose to stunt he'll be responsible about it (him and his buddies, full gear, abandoned parking lot....... bikes they bought themselves )
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey Mojoe, I didn't mean for it to come out that way. I was just saying you shouldn't be so cold just because somebody does something you don't like. If your friend was a stunter and he got hurt would you just say "that sucks, you deserve it". I'm not bagging on people just because of their opinion, I just feel that 23 posts telling somebody they shouldn't do something just wastes a bunch of space. If you are going to post, make it helpfull.

Comment

and a couple dozen a day splatting into people's yards/roofs/houses/traffic...
                      Ok... I suddenly got an image of that stuck in my head and I just find it hilarious. People running for cover as tards without chutes start crashing into subburbia.

Now... My view is pretty well known here I think... But I'll try to elaborate just a bit based on what I've read in this thread...

Insurance. It was stated that insurance is going to be high irregardless and yadda yadda... Bull. Period. BULL. When I got my kat, I didn't start riding street bikes until I was 30 years old. I took the MSF course... And I didn't figure that I would have any trouble at ALL getting a really good insurance rate. Not a chance. Farmers insurance actually denied me at any price. They didn't want any part of it. I wound up going through geico and paying a fortune. And it isn't until now that I finally figured it out. It's because the chances of trashing a bike when it's your first one... is pretty high. The chances for them to have to pay out is pretty high irregardless of age and driving record (haven't had a speeding ticket or anything but a single seat-belt ticket in 17 years.) So later when I upgraded to a gsx750r I expected to get hit hard on insurance. It went up but it didn't go up as much as I'd expected. That was 3 years into riding. I switched to state farm about 6 months ago give or take, and I got a pretty damn good rate. I was really surprised. But a little over a month ago I decided to upgrade again and got myself a 2006 hayabusa and figured "ok, this is where I get raped unmercifully"... My insurance went up 6 dollars per month. For a bike nearly twice the displacement. A bike that's widely considered the fastest production bike on the planet. And then it hit me. I'd been riding for nearly 6 years. And I'd never made a claim on the bikes. In retrospect I remember being asked every time I changed my coverage how long I'd been riding and if I'd taken the MSF course. So it must be based on experience as much as anything else.

So when I hear about an 18-23 year old getting himself a bike for the first time and can't get insurance for under 3000 dollars a year for even a 600cc sportbike (or sport cruiser in the kat's case) it strikes me that insurance rates would be a hell of a lot cheaper for them if it hadn't been for the IDIOTS out on the highway doing stand-ups, highchairs, christ-airs , etc... It would be a lot cheaper for them if it weren't for others in their age bracket, going out and getting a supersport and doing endo's at stop lights and running light-to-light races on lakeshore drive in packs of tards wearing flip-flops, wife-beaters, and cut-offs... But since that is the demographic that tends to do that, and then proceed to wad up the bike resulting in either a claim against the bike or worse against the hospital and/or death of the rider and other people... Then that's the demographic that's going to get stuck with the unreasonable insurance rates.

So when I see people doing that and they aren't on a closed course, parking lot away from everyone else, or basically making sure they are the only person they are going to injure when they do wad that bike up... Then I tend to get a bit irate. And lord help me if I hear of a stunter that trashes his bike doing something ridiculous and then tries to pass it off to his insurance company as an unavoidable accident because someone pulled out in front of them or something similar. Those people get turned in. Those people have the cops called on them. And it might not be the same everywhere, but around here all it takes is a cop to vouch for you and your willingness to testify against that person and you can get the book thrown at them the same as if it was a cop that saw you doing it. And insurance fraud will get you a lot more than your drivers license taken away with a slap on the wrist.

But......................... conversely. If you are in a parking lot. And you aren't in a pack of tards trying to do all your stunts at once (been more than once I've seen video of some idiot that wheelies into his buddy and causes someone else to get hurt). I'm quite happy to watch you stunting. I'll clap and cheer you on even. I understand the vast amount of skill it takes to keep these beasts under control doing some of the more outrageous stunts. It's amazing and just when I think I've seen them all, someone comes up with yet another stunt that makes me shake my head in awe.

Leaning... I like to lean the same as everyone else. I don't get nuts about it but I gotta admit to at least once in a while going a bit over the speed limit. In a straight line as well. Do I find that hypocritical? Yes. I do in fact. And anybody that does the same, should as well. But I also know that I ride well beneath my limits and that of my bike. And because of that I justify the OCCASIONAL twisties at a BIT over the speed limit, and the occasional (I can count 6 times in the years I've owned a bike) high speed straight run (and I'm not talking 75 in a 65 run). But I also wouldn't get all up in arms if someone like myself turned me in for doing it. Which is why I try to take all the precautions I can. I run the twisties a couple of times at the speed limit (or LESS) to make sure I know there's no gravel, oil, paint, etc that I'm going to unexpectedly hit. If I can't see through a turn I don't hit it hard (and what I call hard is far from what some of the riders here would call hard...) And if I see another vehicle the speed goes away real quick until that vehicle is nowhere around me. In a straight line I make sure I can't see any other vehicle within a quarter mile of myself. If there is, it doesn't happen. Period.

A sportbike is nothing but a temptation. If you can't resist temptation you don't need one.

It all comes down to this... A round peg will fit in a square hole. But it damn sure don't belong there.

My current ride of choice

Comment

I'm not bagging on people just because of their opinion, I just feel that 23 posts telling somebody they shouldn't do something just wastes a bunch of space. If you are going to post, make it helpfull.
                        Opinions, helpfulness, wastes of space.......... THIS IS NOT A STUNT SITE.

How is that for helpfull.

We have a lot of members here, and 23 posts about something that sparks this much passion and debate in the motorcycle world....well I guess a lot of people held their tounge. I am not going to go to Starboys.com and ask them what the best hard bags for a long trip is. The internet is freakin huge....there is a place for everything.
                        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

then we need a forum on KR for stunters!

UH, i mean... STUNTING ON A KANOTUNA IS BAD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
                            I'm not bagging on people just because of their opinion, I just feel that 23 posts telling somebody they shouldn't do something just wastes a bunch of space. If you are going to post, make it helpfull.
                            Opinions, helpfulness, wastes of space.......... THIS IS NOT A STUNT SITE.

How is that for helpfull.

We have a lot of members here, and 23 posts about something that sparks this much passion and debate in the motorcycle world....well I guess a lot of people held their tounge. I am not going to go to Starboys.com and ask them what the best hard bags for a long trip is. The internet is freakin huge....there is a place for everything.

Outside of the weather and women, that post makes me proud to be a SoLoCal! Thanks, Josh.

BTW: The guys at Mayhem said the best hard bags for a long trip is Samsonite.... as long as they come with flight reservations out of LAX 'cause ain't no way they're going 200 miles on a bike for anything!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                              BTW: The guys at Mayhem said the best hard bags for a long trip is Samsonite.... as long as they come with flight reservations out of LAX 'cause ain't no way they're going 200 miles on a bike for anything!
                              I commonly fly with my Givi helmet, leather jacket and a set of BBag motorcycle luggage, esp when I headed to Europe -- get a ride to where there's a bike (friend's or rental), jump on a bike, strap on the bags, and I'm off... I take the helmet as a carry-on. You have no clue how many weird looks that'll get you on a major airline until you try it

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie

makes me smile every time i see some kid go out and buy a brand new gixxer or something, then go out and try to impress his friend with a wheelie only to wreck it. knowing he finaced the bike just makes it great.
                                Yeah, look at where it got Kellen Winslow

Comment

Working...
                                X