X

kat wouldn't start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kat wouldn't start

i think i got myself into bit of a problem that is over my head. I changed the oil on my bike and it is acting very weird. A little background. I changed the oil and took the tank off to the check the air filter. After all that, my bike refused to start at first. My front lights started to flicker. Also, when I have the clutch engaged, the bike is really hard to push around in the first gear. I bypassed the petcock, the bike started fine. Then I put the bike together thinking it was a petcock problem and did some research on the matter. It took couple of days. So before i went back to test the petcock, i tried to start the bike and i started fine. The lights worked fine. Thinking the problem was sovled, I left the bike in the garage.
    4 days later, i put all the fairing back on and trying to take it for a spin. It wouldn't start again. This time, one light completely went out and the other one kept flickering. The clutch problem was still there. I could hear the starter and there was no turning of the engine. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on?

Originally posted by lazyazn View Post
    i think i got myself into bit of a problem that is over my head. I changed the oil on my bike and it is acting very weird. A little background. I changed the oil and took the tank off to the check the air filter. After all that, my bike refused to start at first. My front lights started to flicker. Also, when I have the clutch engaged, the bike is really hard to push around in the first gear. I bypassed the petcock, the bike started fine. Then I put the bike together thinking it was a petcock problem and did some research on the matter. It took couple of days. So before i went back to test the petcock, i tried to start the bike and i started fine. The lights worked fine. Thinking the problem was sovled, I left the bike in the garage.
    4 days later, i put all the fairing back on and trying to take it for a spin. It wouldn't start again. This time, one light completely went out and the other one kept flickering. The clutch problem was still there. I could hear the starter and there was no turning of the engine. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on?
    Your probably have a loose ground or power connection. Check the connections and grounds to make sure they are fully clean and tight.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

would that affect the clutch?

Comment

Working...
      X