X

Chain problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+ 1
    On everything that has been said before me.
    I have supersprox on my bike now, they are a bit steep on price (290 for front, rear sprockets, RK chain, Tshirt) but if my rear sprocket ever wears out, I send it back and get a free replacement. Can't beat that.

When I did the Katana a few years back I bought the cheapest steel sprockets I could find and I think a bikemaster chain, it was somewhere in the under 200 range.

Also, if you're looking for a chain tool, cycle gear has this on sale

Works perfectly every time, I've used it about six times since I've had it. 30 bucks is hard to beat for the full kit.

Comment

thats a nice chain break kit, me and my buddies are getting into the on road bikes, maybe I can get them to chip in on this, we will probably all use it!

also, i found this on ebay, looks good expect it has a clip master link, are they that bad?

could i buy that kit? and a 5$ rivet masterlink? or would i be alright with that?

thanks again guys

Comment

Rk makes a nice sprocket/chain kit spec for each bike.They are not cheap, but it is high quality. Also, if you get an EK chain, they also sell a nifty screw type master link that is easy to use.
        I got a RK kit with a clip master link. I drove it over to a shop and they put on the rivit link for $10.
        Also, I have driven 1000's of miles on clip type with no problems. I smeared a little jb cold weld over it and it never came off.

Comment

Working...
        X