X

Why do people criticize Kats?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people criticize Kats?

I find it funny that people are really quick to criticize Katana's. I've heard it all, from it's a female bike to the Kan-o-tuna. I personally love mine! When I hear the criticisms I laugh and remind them about the cost of their insurance compared to mine.

Next time somebody's hacking on you about your Kat just offer to go with them for a ride. Plan something about 4-5 hours long with as few gas stops as possible. When you're done ask them how their butts and backs feel.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

That's great. Yes, it's comfortable, yes it's cheap on insurance. Compared to anything built in the last decade it's a dinosaur of epic proportions. If you notice most of the people that talk smack about it are like 18 year old punk kids who's mommy bought them a new GSXR 1000. Well, they don't worry about insurance costs.

Comment

Not sure, sure they are not new sport bikes. but For what they cost I feel you get a really nice bike.

and Idk... they are not really that slow.. fast enough to the job, I haven't yet thought to myself it isn't fast enough. sure it doesn't rip my arms off like it could, but its nice to ride, and ive got 500$ into mine! that's the best part.

I would like to see someone use all the power of my katana on the roads I ride. honestly I don't think its possible.

Power wise a gsxr 100 wouldnt help, because I cant even use all of it on my kat, but im sure the handling and suspention of a gsxr are much better?

Comment

Originally posted by csdwarf View Post
          im sure the handling and suspention of a gsxr are much better?
          Just a little.

Comment

For everyday riding and just tooling around, I love the Kat. On longer rides with buddies, I always laugh when they start to complain about the length of the ride...

Let them rag all they want, Smile and Wave....
            "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

I'm on Ft. Hood, Tx and most of these dudes have Busa's, R1's, CBR's, ect..I'm with Wild Bill, on long rides my back and a$$ are just fine. I ride solo but I can keep up with any of them. There are a few Kat riders around here and everyone loves their bike.
              Attached Files

Comment

They are heavy, slow, and ugly (except the pre's)

But I did love my 92

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyZ View Post
                  They are heavy, slow, and ugly (except the pre's)
                  ...and the 1100s which are beautiful beasts!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

True, pre's are just heavy and slow.

Comment

tell them you ride the Kat because your other ride is their Mama/Wife/Sister/Girlfriend
                      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Who cares what they think? If you are happy with it, that's all that matters. You can't compare Sports Touring bikes to a Sport bikes. Most people don't even know the difference, so there you go they don't know what they are talking about other than out their a$$.
                        Last edited by astevens54; 04-14-2012, 10:51 PM.
                        2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

One quick question, people say pre's

what is that? before the face lift? 1998 or whatever?

are the older cats like mine considered better looking? or worse? 1996 is that a pre? or what?

lol getting in sync with the lingo, just takes a bit.

Im still a chicken strip xD

Comment

pre refers to before 1998. Suzuki did a major design revamp for the '98 model year.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Because people try to call it a sportbike, so therefore everyone else gets thrown into the mess of idiocy.

As for the insurance, mine went down when I switched to the 636...
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X