X

Skipping neutral

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipping neutral

Hey guys does any body know y this is happening? I hv a 06 kat 750 and I noticed after maybe 15 min of riding and say im at a light or stop sign and I want to put it in neutral it dosnt if skips from 1st to second and vice verse but once bike is turned off it works!! Help plz
    If I aint riding my kat im pulling magic trix out of my hat!
    «on the soccer field of course»

I cant tell you a fix or what is wrong. But I can tell you mine also hates neutral. What I do is put a slight bit of pressure on the shifter and roll the bike forward, she'll pop right in then

Comment

I find it easier to put the bike in second and just very very slightly tap down into neutral...

Comment

Originally posted by numus View Post
        I find it easier to put the bike in second and just very very slightly tap down into neutral...
        +1

Comment

I dont have an issue, but I installed the shift kit in my 01.. however, previous to that, it was just a matter with being more of a gentle touch to po it in.

however, I never put the bike in neutral at stop signs or at red lights... if I need to scoot to avoid something, I'm in gear.

neutral is NOT the place to be unless you are out of traffic.

See My Garage for mods...
          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Idle is too high, you need an oil change, or your clutch needs adjusted. Mine has issues if it idles above 1200 RPM.

Comment

I understand what your saying bro about being ready in traffic but dang what if I want to posture up for just a sec to stretch the back a little!? I would hv to be holding the clutch in the whole time is what your saying?! Thx for the advice
              If I aint riding my kat im pulling magic trix out of my hat!
              «on the soccer field of course»

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaStud View Post
                I understand what your saying bro about being ready in traffic but dang what if I want to posture up for just a sec to stretch the back a little!? I would hv to be holding the clutch in the whole time is what your saying?! Thx for the advice
                It's about being aware. Sure stretch your back some or make sure wallet still in pocket or whatever, but always be aware of what's going on around you(and behind lol)

Comment

Working...
                X