X

how many miles/km to expect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many miles/km to expect?

I have a 99 750 with 51 000 km (32 000 mile), assuming the maintenance is done, how long will the engine/transmission last?

the bike runs like a champ however some of my coworkers with bikes think that it has "too many" km on it. 51 000 doesn't seem like a lot to me.
    2004 Honda ST1300
    1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
    on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
    or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Kats will go a very long way as long as you keep up with the maintenance. Biggest one is oil/filter changes since these engines use the oil for both lubrication and cooling. Properly taken care of, it's not at all uncommon to go 50-100K miles. Neglected, you're lucky to see 20K.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I sold my 2003 600 katana with 116,000kms on it, give or take a few. The odometer froze at 99,999km lol.

Other than burning a bit of oil she ran great.

Do the normal maintenance and your bike will be good for quite a few more years and many many kms.
        Kyle

Comment

so the 600 and 750 are basically the same engine just different CC? It seems like the 600 is way more common.
          2004 Honda ST1300
          1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

Yes
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Mine finally gave up the ghost last year with over 90,000 miles on it. Just did regular maintenance, oil changes. Engine is rock solid.

Comment

sounds like my Kat has a lot of fun left in it.
                2004 Honda ST1300
                1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

Several members here are approaching 99K KM and still going strong.

Comment

Working...
                  X