X

Questions on replacing gauge lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
    Mine actually looks brighter than that and his might to the camera might just not show the brightness properly.
    I wouldnt want it any bright than it s because you might get light bleeding through in other places.

I cant get a pic of min for you in about one hour might look different than his
    Would be helpful cause his picture makes it look very very dim... Do you have a guide to getting the bulbs out?

Comment

Originally posted by numus View Post
      Would be helpful cause his picture makes it look very very dim... Do you have a guide to getting the bulbs out?
      I dont have a guide on getting them out once you get the panel off the bike its pretty self explanatory I have never taken one off before and did it with no issues

The photos aren't the best I couldnt get the shutter time right but that is in my dark shed with just the headlight on inside

1. blurry but right on about the brightness

2. not blurry but a little dim and red from me trying to cover the flash
      with my finger
      Attached Files

Comment

We will see how these modules i bought work... already ordered and shipped.. i think getting the gauge cluster out is the hardest part

Comment

Originally posted by numus View Post
          We will see how these modules i bought work... already ordered and shipped.. i think getting the gauge cluster out is the hardest part
          I just hope they're not to much or they dont fit its tight in there.

Between the polarity of the bulbs being right or wrong and getting the cluster those are the hardest parts of doing it

Comment

I used the cluster LEDs on my retrofit, worked great.
            Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
            From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
            Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
            Last edited by Astro4x4; 03-01-2012, 08:40 PM.
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
              I used the cluster LEDs on my retrofit, worked great.
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7387

The link isnt working for me might want to try again

Comment

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                The link isnt working for me might want to try again
                Opps, fixed
                2000 Katana 600
                2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
                  Opps, fixed
                  You used the 3 SMD it looks like.. I bought the 5 SMD... May project out to the right side better (i am guessing the bulb is on the left side based upon the bright spot in everyones photo)... Don't really care about the redline at night (know where it is)... Looks good.. May have to buy another set of the T6.5 and go ahead and pull the trigger on the 74x for the indicators...

Also should project on the needle better with the increased spread (atleast i hope)... We will see.. Right now the stock are getting yellow and gotta hate the idle flickering..
                  Last edited by numus; 03-01-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

im not too confident about those leds listed on flebay. i bought those for my camry (shipped from hong kong and failed within a month or so. i think they were the 2 smd tall, had like 6 leds on each 194 style. some actually fell apart and others just flickered and decided only to work when they felt like it. im sure there is a lot more vibration on a bike than an old camry. i had to take my cluster apart to get the flat leds out that fell off.
                    just my 2 cents

Comment

Apparently my order to superbrightled never went thru Gotta wait another weak, but which screws/bolts do i need to remove to get the fairings off.. is it every alan bolt i can see on the outside?

Comment

It is the easiest if you take both sides off than you can do anything else you need while your there

Comment

Replace stock gauges on 2000 katana

Can i purchase a gauge that is just plug and play?

Comment

Nope
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                            X