No announcement yet.
X

Save your hearing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some earplugs for you upscale types.....

I had a site bookmarked for a company that makes custom-molded earplugs, but can't find it....will update later.

Comment

Originally posted by ironhorse
      I had a site bookmarked for a company that makes custom-molded earplugs, but can't find it....will update later.
      Here is one that I found http://www.earinc.com/

Comment

I had a set of custom molded earplugs made this summer while I was at the USGP. I had been using the disposable foamies, but the molded plugs are terrific!
        I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

This is great and all but can someone please tell me.... what kind do I use when my wife is yelling at me?

So far...nothing works.

Comment

Maybe if you stopped giving her a reason to yell ?

I dont care for the foamie type of ear plugs, they just never seem to stay in for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
              This is great and all but can someone please tell me.... what kind do I use when my wife is yelling at me?

So far...nothing works.
              The distance type works best for me. A 1/4 mile usually does the trick.

Comment

So far...nothing works.
                The problem is you actually went out and got a wife of your own. That just won't do. The best solution is to find someone who will let you borrow his wife for a few nights a week. That way you get all the good stuff...and he gets the yelling and attitude.

Trust me, it works great. 8)
                I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan

So far...nothing works.
                  The problem is you actually went out and got a wife of your own. That just won't do. The best solution is to find someone who will let you borrow his wife for a few nights a week. That way you get all the good stuff...and he gets the yelling and attitude.

Trust me, it works great. 8)
                  Isn't that why he hangs out with Range?

Comment

So far...nothing works.
                    The foam ones work well for this, but it will require approximately 25 to 50 pairs to fill her mouth to the point that it's truly totally effective, and there may be issues in getting her to stand still long enough to put them in place.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Comment

Back to the subject (although the tangent has been entertaining...), the most comfortable ones I have ever found are the Howard Leight "Max" plugs. Tapered, smooth, disposable, and rated at 33 NRR, they even block toddlers (MUCH louder than my wife). Main downside is that they run $8 for 5 pair at the shooting range I go to, but I found them for $35/200 online here. At 18¢ a pair, it would only take $9 to get the noise reduction Cyber mentions, vs. more than $70 at the range....

Comment

Originally posted by sven
                          Back to the subject (although the tangent has been entertaining...), the most comfortable ones I have ever found are the Howard Leight "Max" plugs. Tapered, smooth, disposable, and rated at 33 NRR, they even block toddlers (MUCH louder than my wife). Main downside is that they run $8 for 5 pair at the shooting range I go to, but I found them for $35/200 online here. At 18¢ a pair, it would only take $9 to get the noise reduction Cyber mentions, vs. more than $70 at the range....
                          Thanks Sven!! Those will make an excellent stocking stuffer for my wife!!!!! 8)

This is an excellent topic by the way... I didn't wear earplugs for the first little while, but once I tried them I haven't stopped. You can honestly hear so much better while wearing them on the bike. I know, that sounds backwards, but it's true.

Comment

i've riden for years without & finally have caught on. i've tried them here and there but always found myself not using plugs. after a LONG ride i said to myself i gotta use ear plugs. the first ride was out of control but after that i was hooked - then i had custom plugs made. the foam plugs didn't work well for me - took to long to get them to fit or they'd pop out etc. etc..

what i finally learned was that the wind noise was screwing with my sense of speed ( which is why my first ride was out of control ). i can now focus completely on my visual senses for turn in points, breaking points without being overwelmed by my hearing. it was a huge leap for me in corner speed.

tim

Comment

Can you still hear traffic?
                              sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

Originally posted by grslightn
                                Can you still hear traffic?
                                Yup--better, actually, because the wind noise isn't drowning things out.

Comment

Working...
                                X